customer excellence award 2007

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loubylou

Reaction score
I have had two phone calls now telling me i have been nominated for the customer excellence award 2007,
when i asked for the details from the first one they told me i would get lots of coverage in the local papers and that they would be an award ceremony in my local town hall which i can invite my staff and clients to then they asked me to pay the first instalment of £59.00 for administration fees followed by a further £59.00 (alarm bells began to ring)
needless to say i did not pay this and declined their offer but i have had another call today which i also declined,
has anyone else had any phone calls like this or know anything about it all, i myself think it is a con
they do have a website Customer Excellence Awards - MAIN

hi

i had the same call saying my clients had nominated me, I'd only been open 3 months!!! They didnt ask for any omney but pressured me into making a telephone interview appointment which I then didnt take. Saying thatt two other beauty salons and a resturant in my town have their posters up!!

I dunno all seems a litle suspect to me!

Becki xxx

It is when you have the telephone interview that they tell you about the charge,
i myself have only been open 4 month`s
seems like they are picking out new business`s , they must think we are daft lol

From the FAQs on the website-
"How long does it take to complete the Nomination Entry form?

We suggest that you allow at least 3 minutes to complete the Nomination Entry form. All the questions are important and need careful deliberation"

You must really do some serious deliberation if it takes you all of 3 minutes to complete the form! LOL

Why not contact your local trading standards and they will know if it is a scam or authentic.

Looking at their website I wouldn't say it was a scam as much as a rip-off.

I think the biggest rip-off is to the public... it basically says if you put one of their customer excellence award posters in your window you will increase your clients and profit... because obviously you are so great you have got an award to prove it!!!! But the businesses 'shortlisted' are paying for it!!!!????

It's clever...very clever... just unethical...:rolleyes:

At least you have a good enough 'business' head to know a rip-off... now that deserves an award in itself :lol:

If they have 2700 winners, according to their website, then they're making £318600 from this!!!!!:eek:

That's a hell of a lot of admin!

Looking at their website I wouldn't say it was a scam as much as a rip-off.

At least you have a good enough 'business' head to know a rip-off... now that deserves an award in itself :lol:
Thank you hun, that was a nice comment to make :hug:

If they have 2700 winners, according to their website, then they're making £318600 from this!!!!!:eek:

That's a hell of a lot of admin!
and a hell of a lot of our hard earned cash, but i don't think any of us geeks are that daft :hug:

they also rang me and i told them i had only been open a few months when i told him no im not paying the £59 his attitude changed and he got a bit off with me so i just put phone down in end
It does look like they are preying on small new business's though
Deb x

I WON I WON I WON!!

I bought my own award for £59 :green:

I'm a WINNNER!

every call i get like this i tell em i am on maternity leave , lol i have been on it for over 2 yrs , pmsl :lol::lol:i used to get sucked in but not now xx

I tell them the person in charge of this type of thing isn't in today.

I have been nominated for this award so I popped on their web site to have a quick look and I think it is a scam as well but i will contact a few other salons that have been nominated as they have kindly given the postcodes and the salon name and yell.com is a great web site and I will look into this with trading standards before I even consider parting with my well earned cash. Has anyone ever looked into this before?
So far I have had 3 phonecalls from them and so far they havent even told me who nominated me. Today I was asked for cash but I told them I didnt have my credit card at work. So they are contacting me tomorrow - should be fun....... I will keep you posted

personally i have not had a call but there are 2 small salons close to where i live and again they have only been open for a few months andthey must have had calls beacause they are displaying there posters in the window stating that they have been nominated

But reading this thread i too think it shound like a con if it was ever real you wounldnt have to pay.

Our salon had a call from them also. My manager went online and looked them up....ITS A SCAM GUYS. You shouldn't have to pay if you've been nominated/won!!!

Disgrace....

there was an article about this in the profesional beauty mag November 2007 and its fake people dont give them your card detais because for one lady they took two payments out of her account.
Im amazed at how their allowed to get away from this

I too have seen an article about this either in Scratch or the Guild gazette, I was reading it literally the other day, have just had a quick look but cant find it now, typical!

Anyway it was saying a lady had been conned and to beware its a total scam, why would someone want your money if they were giving you an award???!!!!!!!!!!1

Latest posts

Back