customer excellence award 2007

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they have 2700 winners, according to their website, then they're making £318600 from this!!!!!:eek:

That's a hell of a lot of admin!

wow

some people are just plain wrong :irked:

I have contacted trading standards and they said unfortunatly they are within their rights to do this so long as you get what has been advertised. Reading through all the messages on here I have decided not to accept the nominee and I would urge all therapists to do the same. I have stopped them from contacting me and told them I have been to trading standards and I am willing to contact a solicitor regarding the harrasment I am getting so hopefully that will be the last I hear from them. I am always reluctant to part with my hard earned cash, and although I wa svery flattered at first I wasnt so flattered when I realised I was going to be charged for the priveledge. Anyway thanks for the advice.

OMG I have just had this phone call!! I asked him who gave me the 'honour' of nominating me and he said he can't give out details. I told him I knew it was a scam and he asked if it was how would he get my details? I said from the yellow pages to which he replied they didn't have access to the yellow pages:eek: I then told him the industry had heard about this and he had never heard of any of the forums etc. I put the phone down. Thank goodness for this site:hug::hug::hug:

We had the call a few months ago and fortunately realised it wasn't as it seemed. Thats amazing that it is legal for them to do it! I feel constantly on my guard - we get many phone calls for this, or advertsing in police magazines etc etc or i have had things through the post too asking for small registration fees for this licence and that licence. :irked: So many sharks out there!

We have heard from a few members who have been contacted by this company. It seems that they are required to pay money for nothing more than a listing on a website which has dubious benefits.

I would advise you to be very cautious of this.

Hi, we had the same phone calls too! They did not mention money to us but told us to look at the the website -Which is where we found out about the cost to us!!

Surely if you are nominated for award, you should not have to pay ay money for the privilage???

I have seen business's with the posters, but somthing is up with this company - I could also not understand the guy who called us!!

I told him I knew it was a scam and he asked if it was how would he get my details? I said from the yellow pages to which he replied they didn't have access to the yellow pages:eek:

I just got this call yesterday and guess what - my ad went into the yellow pages last week! I missed the call as I work on my own but they left a voicemail message that just sounded like one of those pre-recorded automated dialing things so they must be hitting this big time:mad:.

Just thought I'd bump this one up for any newbies that have missed it!
I recieved a call from this company this morning!

Be alert!

Me too.

The girl I spoke to was reading from a script and I could hardly make out what she was saying. She told me an award advisor (or something ) would call me and go through the details of the nomination/award.

Alarm bells started ringing in my head so when he called I told him I couldn't talk as I had a client due in 5 minutes. He seemed annoyed but made an appt to call me tomorrow at 10am.

After putting the phone down I logged right on to salon geek where I was put straight - thanks guys!

Incidentally I too have just gone into yellow pages/Yell.

Latest posts

Back