Customer wanting Sarah Jessica Parker look & extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairbyAsya

Reaction score
Hi

Just wanting to brain storm. I have a client her hair is shoulder length, the top is shorter and she has a side swept fringe she is kind of growing out and wears a side parting. She wears extensions all the time. She is due a new set and came in yesterday. She showed me this picture.

She wants the tones cooler and has picked out a few shades from the colour chart and also from my colour ring. I'm just trying to brain storm best way to achieve this as her own hair is dyed - she has been every colour possible. So I advised her any colour work I do on her hair will involve bleach and toner, she likes the idea of having a root, she has some regrowth, she is a base 7 on roots, and slightly warmer on the rest of her hair. So I'm thinking best way to a achieve on her natural is to kind of ombré but not block so weave out very fine high lights and colour rest of hair a base 5 and only high light from about 3 inches down. Then add toner to get the colour to a nice cool tone, maybe using a 9N Joico and watch it to kill the yellow

So then on to the extensions, I work with virgin European and Virginia pre-coloured temple, she likes the No18 and some cooler lighter pieces, extensions don't come ombré which I discussed with her, do you think I'm best off ordering the temple pre-coloured no 18 and dying the roots to match her base colour so a 5 and then adding some No 5 to break it up and then dying some of the No5 up to a blonde/toner it too a cooler blonde?

Or maybe contact Tasha Jacks and get them to do it all? Also do you think I should do it in one sitting or fit the extensions and get her to come back after the bonds have set (48 hour) then dye her hair to get the effect, as I feel I'm working reversal as she hasn't got long hair to start with.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 5,069
I would say this is alot lighter than a base 5, even if you did put some lighter colours through the base woyld be darker than SJP's is here. Would you not find it easier to colour your clients hair to the desired level first and then colour match for the extensions, just sounds like you may be causing yourself more work otherwise? I would put SJP's base at around an 8 on this picture but I agree a softer ombre look would be better or look up the balayage technique. Hope this helps xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Had a closer look at the pic sorry maybe closer to a 7-8 in the root area xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

No I meant the root that she has in the picture, she has a dark root of about 2/3 inches then the light colour which carries all though, plus the lighter strands.

I've contacted Tasha Jacks to see if they can colour extensions to the colours I want in the same way as some of it looks like it has the 7/8 colour, then the Carmel blond on middle and lighter ends. I think I want to apply her full head then colour prior to fitting, then apply extensions and ombré/ weave some colour in to her hair after as I want to see the effect with her extensions in before I start to blend the top sections of her hair in with the colour of the extensions.

Latest posts

Back