customers hygiene/or lack of it.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailquueen

Reaction score
On a well earned break at mo.Yesterday i was doing a infill on a client,sanatized mine & her hands.But wheni turned over the client hands,i got a shock!The dirt & what ever she had been doing for 2 weeks was still under the free edge.UCK.Why go to the trouble of having nice nails,and not looking after then.Would you offer advice on how to care for them,i do when i but the nails on.But she was not listening obvisibley--cant spell--.Have any one else come across this bad hygeine?

I have 1 client like this...i hate to think what it is she has under her nails...:irked: but its gross. I don't understand it either and i did once laugh about it with her and say ..."heavens above whats under here ?"......thinking she might take the hint, and clean under her nails but no...she laughed back and said..."your guess is as good as mine"

anyway i just get on with now and think at least its only once every 4 weeks...:D

On a well earned break at mo.Yesterday i was doing a infill on a client,sanatized mine & her hands.But wheni turned over the client hands,i got a shock!The dirt & what ever she had been doing for 2 weeks was still under the free edge.UCK.Why go to the trouble of having nice nails,and not looking after then.Would you offer advice on how to care for them,i do when i but the nails on.But she was not listening obvisibley--cant spell--.Have any one else come across this bad hygeine?

i had a client with her nails so full of dirt you could have grown potatoes undr the free edge.her exuse....she'd been gardening. i sugested gloves next time and she sed 'oh yes i allways use gloves when i wash up incase i ruin my lovely nails' i had to point out that gardening was just as 'bad' for her nails:grr: why oh why of why can't they listen to aftercare:rolleyes:
can't be to cross with her though she lovely :lol:

Last edited:
Hi,
I have had some clients like this. But maybe I am just hard faced, I send them to the bathroom with a nail brush and a nice clean towel and ask them to give the nails a little scub clean, usually make a joke of it, saying we don't want anything to spoil the new nails they are having. I ask what they would like to drink and I will make their coffee etc whilst they are cleaning their nails. I have no probs, they come back with most if not all cleaned away. Then I get on with their nails. You just have to get tough !!! Lotsa luv x

I also have 1 client like this, but to make matters worse she is an 80 a day smoker, I dont know how she finds the time to do anything she must just smoke one after the other all day long! So her nails are yellow! :irked:

When she comes in, like every other client I ask her to wash her hands and she pulls a face, every time!

When she came to me first she had greenies on her nails, but had never had enhancments or anything done to her nails ever, so the hygeine is BAD!

Yet she still comes every week without fail to have nice nails! Go figure??

My experience was worst.

There was 2 friends and one of them had pinky shade behind her nails which I left alone (thinking it was nail colour seepage). When she had gone her friend said 'dunno how you did them - that was chicken tikka under her nails ' I nearly puked.

My experience was worst.

There was 2 friends and one of them had pinky shade behind her nails which I left alone (thinking it was nail colour seepage). When she had gone her friend said 'dunno how you did them - that was chicken tikka under her nails ' I nearly puked.

Ha ha ha! It reminds me of an old lady who came in for electrolysis of her moustache and I had to remove her morning porrige that was stuck on the hairs before we could begin!

ok as you are talking yuk here....my worst ever has to be...

clients arrives 20 mins late and all in a fluster....

i start to do her nails and can smell sick :(

she then tells me she is late cos her daughter was sick in the car on the way to granny house and she had to clean it up....:irked:

at this point i directed her to the wash basin.

ok...this is for the last 3 posts !!!!!!!!!!
vomit-smiley-015.gif
they are totally gross storys...yuk!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My worst was a client was a horrible experience. I rent a room in a gym so I can see who's around when I am in and out with clients and this one lady had been in the gym all morning and when she came to me she literally jumped off the treadmill and came running over to me saying 'Hiya I'm your 1 oclock appointment' !!:| She was absolutely dripping in sweat and out of breath and was very smelly!!! YUK I suggested she should go for a quick shower before we start but she said no.
Not a good start but she washed her hands so I just hoped the monomer drowned the bad odour smell. The worst bit which really really bothered me was that both her eyes were constantly dripping - she was very straightforward and said that she had eye infections in both eyes that she caught from her brother....... and she was wiping them continually with her hands.........GROSS!! I kept spraying her with disinfectant but it got embarrassing. I was in a real dilema about whether to continue or not but I did - as fast as possible!
It took me a while to feel clean again though.:irked:

Ok, just remembered my worst yet! This one had nothing to do with clients hygene but my inexperienced little self! Here goes! When i did my practical pedicure test, I had to do it on our schools owner. He had very thick toenails... Since i was a beginner i had not yet learned to put my finger as a shield when clipping toenails.
I felt it bounce against the corner of my eye and thought "yuk!" and continued. After the test I went for lunch and coffee. App. 2 hours later I felt something irritating my eye...
And voila, there it was, the missing toenail! Still in my eye!

Every time i have a client they are sendt to wash there hands with Mundo surgical hand wash and they are instructed to use the manicure brush with there nails also, it is not enought to just only a sanitizing hand gele they need to scrub there hands good before the sit down :lick:

I have a client who works on the road and regularly eats her lunch on her way to her nail appointment. We have a laugh and a joke about what she has had for dinner as I can normally guess what she has had as half of it is under her nails YUCK!!! Last time it was Egg Mayo Sarnie!!

I have a couple of clients like this and it is grim, but it's all part of the job I suppose.

That said, if I was a client I wouldn't dream of going in with filthy nails, I think it is a bit insulting to the technician and shows a lack of respect imo.

One of the delights of working with the public :rolleyes:

I regularly get clients with dirty nails - usually 8 year olds coming to my nail parties!

Why on earth you would knowingly send your child to have their nails done with filthy hands and nails is beyond me!

I'll never forget years ago a client of mine had a cold and her nose was runny, no prizes for guessing what I came across under one of her nails! Eeew!!

Ha ha ha! It reminds me of an old lady who came in for electrolysis of her moustache and I had to remove her morning porrige that was stuck on the hairs before we could begin!

OMG!! ROFL!! How phunnnieee!!! I'm sitting here by myself cracking up!!!

Glad you knew WHAT it was though...I've been a little scared at what I've dug out from under nails before. I'm not sure what some of my "little old ladies" have had their hands in for two weeks but it always looks the same....must have had time to "ferment".....eewwwww....:eek::D

No i havent thnk god, only the usual bit of foundation from the clients am makeover LOL. Seriously, if they were as bad as i imagine, then she should be asked to scrub up politely in your restroom, then return to the table. Hopefully she will take the gentle hint to arrive with clean nails..that most of us would arrive with!:eek: I mean, would you go the dentist with filthy teeth??? eewww..puke!

Last edited:
One of my co-workers told me that her nice polite clean, client asked to take a break and go to the lady's room.
Upon returning, the nice so on and so-fourth client explained that she did'nt want to "mess" anything up on the steps for getting her nails done, so she did'nt wet/wash her hands.
The manicurist found a nice red surprise under some of her nails.
I've always wondered if this really happend. I never allow my client a trip to the toilet, during the middle of their nail appointment. If I must wait, they will too.:confused:
I have signs posted stating, please wash your hands before any hand/nail services and after going to the toilet. (I also use a new pair of gloves for each client).

awww, yuck!

Some of these stories are discusting.. Especially the last one and also the toenail incident! uck!

Im starting to think whether getting into nails was a good idea?! LOL

X

Latest posts

Back