Cut and finish vs cut and blowdry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomme

Reaction score
Who says what and what's the actual difference? Maybe I'm stuck in old sayings but always assumed a cut and finish was the same as a blowdry with just a different name given.
Xoxo

Who says what and what's the actual difference? Maybe I'm stuck in old sayings but always assumed a cut and finish was the same as a blowdry with just a different name given.
Xoxo

I say cut and finish lol.

I always say cut and blowdry x

Xoxo
i say cut and blow dry xx

Cut and finish; as it sounds like your totally finishing the style ie straightening etc whereas cut & blow dry doesnt sound like you are its like your blowdrying then thats the whack!

That maybe just me!
X

I've always said cut and blow dry haha

Cut & style dry

Cut and finish. Blow dry is a bit "hairdressery" for me ;)

Cut and finish girl here - sorry! Pretentious stylist alert!!! :o xx

Cut and blow.. Is there a difference..?

Cut & blowdry for me :)

Cut n Blowdry is just a Blowdry whereas cut & Finnish could mean finishing in lots of different ways such as curls or even up x

Cut n Blowdry is just a Blowdry whereas cut & Finnish could mean finishing in lots of different ways such as curls or even up x

But then wouldn't you have separate prices for every kind of cut and finish? X

yeh but if u just had cut & finnish on your pricelist, then i would presume the style was finnished to what you wanted... or you would put cut & blow, Cut blow n curls etc or is that me over complicating things? x

yeh but if u just had cut & finnish on your pricelist, then i would presume the style was finnished to what you wanted... or you would put cut & blow, Cut blow n curls etc or is that me over complicating things? x

Hmm I think we'll all be different.
I have mine..
Cut and blow (inc straightening if needed)
Blow dry
Curling
Hair up..
Half up
All up
So the extras would get added on but theres no right or wrong :)

I think cut and finish sounds better.

Hmm I think we'll all be different.
I have mine..
Cut and blow (inc straightening if needed)
Blow dry
Curling
Hair up..
Half up
All up
So the extras would get added on but theres no right or wrong :)

Mines similar
Cut blow
Blow
Cut
Curls
Hair up.

All are priced from and the minimum. I do normally ask the hair is washed the night before, parting put in where they want it and left to dry naturally before curling, or I wash and set then curl but the cost of a set is added on. Hair up, depending on style I ask that it's washed the night before and left to dry like curls but if no parting that its pulled back and loosely held with a bobble xoxo

Mines similar
Cut blow
Blow
Cut
Curls
Hair up.

All are priced from and the minimum. I do normally ask the hair is washed the night before, parting put in where they want it and left to dry naturally before curling, or I wash and set then curl but the cost of a set is added on. Hair up, depending on style I ask that it's washed the night before and left to dry like curls but if no parting that its pulled back and loosely held with a bobble xoxo

I do the same! Surprising how many people dont put their parting in when its wet.
And also how many ppl would come with greasy hair for a hair up saying I was told its better to leave it dirty. Yak. Soon learnt from that one, always advise washing day before, and always have a handy dry shampoo just incase ;) x

My price lists say cut and finish.

Thought it would put an end to "funny" guys saying "oh you get a blow" instead it's changed to "oh yeah what sort of finish" it's about as funny as a bald guy asking for a perm.

It's just a normal blow dry though. Curls are charged seperate

My price lists say cut and finish.

Thought it would put an end to "funny" guys saying "oh you get a blow" instead it's changed to "oh yeah what sort of finish" it's about as funny as a bald guy asking for a perm.

It's just a normal blow dry though. Curls are charged seperate

Haha i have actually said to a client, when I was in salon, loudly,
'are you having a blowjob today..?'
<realisation hit>
'Oh my god i mean blowdry!!' Hahaha

Latest posts

Back