Cut for round face with thick hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgreen9595

Reaction score
I’ve been asked to cut and style a clients hair for a fresh new look. The hair is very thick (straight), and the client has a round full face and is in her late 20’s.

Her current hair is long with some longer layers around the face.

How would you cut and style thick hair on a round face…ideas please for what looks flattering.

Last edited:
So in reality you need something that's going to elongate the face and highlight other features in the face.
So I would suggest a centre or close to centre parting. This elongates the face, reducing width on sides.
To avoid exaggerating the roundness of the client's face I would avoid anything that comes directly under the chin as you can imagine this will add to the roundness.
Maybe a nice shoulder length cut with textured layers especially around the face accentuating the cheekbones and jaw line.
If they want a shorter style then it needs to be in line with the jaw and not around the chin. This will give sharper appearance to the jaw line and again elongate the face.

Latest posts

Back