Cuticle away on feet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endless

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Ive been ill,and business has been very busy over the past couple of months(not complaining) but you know what its like when youre self employed, you just cannot be ill! so ive reall been neglacting myself,my poor feet were so dry, so i popped a little cuticle away onto the worst bits, left for 30 seconds or so, then filed off.Wow!! only took a couple of mins,and now my feet are baby soft.

Does any1 else use cuticle away for this?
is it safe to use on clients like this?
anyone have any tips for how long it should be left on/applied etc?

Thanks,
Kate xx

I've not used it for this but it is safe to use for this purpose. After reading your post, I think I'll try it this weekend. :)

I've not used it for this but it is safe to use for this purpose. After reading your post, I think I'll try it this weekend. :)

Hi : )
Im not sure if it is safe to use on clients? hopefully someone will know, if not I will call sweet squared in morning to ask,but it was fab! better than any pedi products ive ever used : )

If I remember rightly cuticle erasers have salicylic acid in them. This should not be left on the skin for any length of time and therefore it could actually burn you or your clients skin. Again if I remember correctly this ingredient is the main one for removing warts or verrucas.

Your Material Data sheets hold the info of what is in the product - so you can always check that out.

I think personally that you should only use the product for what it is intended for - especially on your clients, then you will not end up being sued if it all went terribly wrong.

Sorry if I sound like a jobs worth - just don't want you getting hurt :hug:

they actaully have a products that does that Sea Serum! but its stronger then cuticle away so work abit better on the feet! i dont really think cuticle away was design for you feet tho! why not try the sea serum. x

If I remember rightly cuticle erasers have salicylic acid in them. This should not be left on the skin for any length of time and therefore it could actually burn you or your clients skin. Again if I remember correctly this ingredient is the main one for removing warts or verrucas.

Your Material Data sheets hold the info of what is in the product - so you can always check that out.

I think personally that you should only use the product for what it is intended for - especially on your clients, then you will not end up being sued if it all went terribly wrong.

Sorry if I sound like a jobs worth - just don't want you getting hurt :hug:

Oh my!!!:eek:
wont be doing that again then,lol!!
not a jobs worth atall, glad you piped up, and told me!
x

they actaully have a products that does that Sea Serum! but its stronger then cuticle away so work abit better on the feet! i dont really think cuticle away was design for you feet tho! why not try the sea serum. x

Hi,
Ive just ordered some of that, as another geek recommended it, its coming with my shellac order woop, woop!!!:)
Thanks!

I think this thread should be deleted, dont want the wrong eyes seeing it, and burning there feet away:eek:

Cuticle Away is a professional callus softener and cuticle remover designed to help ease the removal of dead skin ie; cuticle and Calluses, so it is fine to use on both hands and feet (cuticle/calluses). The active/key ingredient in cuticle away is Sodium Hydroxide, this is what breaks down calluses and cuticle while other ingredients inc Aloe help counteract any possible damaging effects of the Soduim hydroxide but basically it helps use do our job without having to use any aggressive force with our implements.
You would always rinse it off with soap and water because it will continue to work and although its not going to "burn your feet off":green: like anything else using it over a long period of time and not rinsing it off could potentially lead to irritation/overexposure. :sad:

Cuticle Away is a professional callus softener and cuticle remover designed to help ease the removal of dead skin ie; cuticle and Calluses, so it is fine to use on both hands and feet (cuticle/calluses). The active/key ingredient in cuticle away is Sodium Hydroxide, this is what breaks down calluses and cuticle while other ingredients inc Aloe help counteract any possible damaging effects of the Soduim hydroxide but basically it helps use do our job without having to use any aggressive force with our implements.
You would always rinse it off with soap and water because it will continue to work and although its not going to "burn your feet off":green: like anything else using it over a long period of time and not rinsing it off could potentially lead to irritation/overexposure. :sad:

well, that is fan dabby dosey!! thankyou! x

Well I did say if I remembered rightly lol

Had a quick look at the MSDS and it is Sodium Hydroxide in things like Sea Serum and Cuticle remover (don't know about Cuticle Away), rather than the salicylic acid that I thought!

However, just a thought :green: Sodium Hydroxide is the chemical name for caustic soda :wink2: and as Jinxx (really appreciate the info Jinxx :hug:) says the Aloe helps counteract it!

I have been doing a pedicure at least 3 times a day for 5 days a week over the last 2 1/2 years. I wanna say this product called cuticle away also has a second product which I use on every pedicure and it is call " callous eliminator" it works wonders and takes the strain outta the job of removing all that dry skin!!! I recommend it 100% you do have to exam bottom of feet first before applying because it will burn if it gets in a cut or crack or any other skin besides bottom of the foot. I only know because I got it on my arm once but it didn't kill me, just started to it where I touched so wiped it off as soon as I noticed.... Also you do have to wear gloved when applying callous eliminator.

Sorry who is it made by as I've never seen or heared of it???

Callus eliminator that is not cuticle away. I will second the sea serum being fantastic product. But I have used cuticle away before and it's worked lol xxx

Last edited:
When I first started using cuticle away I put a blob on the back of my hand before applying it to the customers nails, it ended up burning the skin on my hand so I personally would be quite careful as it was quite painful for a few days and would not want that to happen to a customers feet.

When I first started using cuticle away I put a blob on the back of my hand before applying it to the customers nails, it ended up burning the skin on my hand so I personally would be quite careful as it was quite painful for a few days and would not want that to happen to a customers feet.

Ouch yes claire that is why it is only recomended on hard skin and not to come into contact with soft tissue, and to be applied using a plastic back pad. Throughly wash away to prevent the product from continuing to work.

Proffesional products require proper education and instructions, did you know how to use cuticle away before purchasing? Im prettyy sure neat bleach would burn if applied top back of the hand but im pretty sure you know how to usebleach correctly and safetly?

All chemicals used safetly and confidently and efficantly in a controlled way can be done harmless its when everexposure occours that problems start to happen or lack of understanding and misuse.

It is made by "Be Natural" and it's name is CALLOUS ELIMNATOR. I buy it in USA so idk if that helps or not. But yes if you follow instructions and learn how to use product the proper way... You will wonder where this has been all your life. You do have to let product soak on skin 3 to 5 minutes.. I usually do 3 and you won't believe how much dry skin comes off :)

I have been doing a pedicure at least 3 times a day for 5 days a week over the last 2 1/2 years. I wanna say this product called cuticle away also has a second product which I use on every pedicure and it is call " callous eliminator" it works wonders and takes the strain outta the job of removing all that dry skin!!! I recommend it 100% you do have to exam bottom of feet first before applying because it will burn if it gets in a cut or crack or any other skin besides bottom of the foot. I only know because I got it on my arm once but it didn't kill me, just started to it where I touched so wiped it off as soon as I noticed.... Also you do have to wear gloved when applying callous eliminator.
Thanks! x

Latest posts

Back