Cuticle oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glam tree

Reaction score
Hi
does anyone else add a cuticle oil to your clients nails after applying your gel polish. I find that when i do the gel lifts, so i have stopped using it and found this really helps.
is the cuticle oil an important part of the application?
I was taught this is very important at collage, but seems like a huge waste as i have to re do the clients nails. because of the lifting.
Thanks
GT x

Are you using the correct cuticle oil for your brand? For example, I use CND Shellac so alway apply CND solar after completing the treatment. It has never caused lifting.

Are you using the correct cuticle oil for your brand? For example, I use CND Shellac so alway apply CND solar after completing the treatment. It has never caused lifting.

Hi
Yes i use Orly so i use all orly products .

I don't see how it could cause lifting unless the gel polish wasn't properly cured in the first place.
Eta: or if the gel was flooding the sidewalls and got under it that way.

I apply cuticle oil after every nail treatment. I also advise my clients to use oil at home too, x

I apply it every time to, to myself and clients and never had a problem!

Never heard of cuticle oil causing lifting before. What make is the oil??

I don't see how it could cause lifting unless the gel polish wasn't properly cured in the first place.
Eta: or if the gel was flooding the sidewalls and got under it that way.
I would have said the same, but the problem only happens when I apply the oil.

I have tried it on myself. With and without oil. Once I apply the oil within 2-3 days it starts to lift.
I've stopped using it and I'm not having any problems.
Does anyone else use this brand, maybe it just doesn't work well together, I have no idea
Thanks for your replies
GT x

I always have oil on mine & they never lift, I even pinched the cuticle oil from my nail lady today 2 weeks into my gel nails and smothered my hands in it because their really dry & chapped & my nails are still perfect

Latest posts

Back