Cuticle Tool?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Ok here's one for you..... which cuticle tool do you find the best for gently scraping away the non living tissue on the nail plate. I use the Creative cuticle remover but am on the look out for a real good little tool.

I do have the cuticle pushie from Creative but can't seem to get on with it no matter how I angle it.... is it best used in conjuction with the curette as I don't to be able to scrape as much off with the pushie as I do with my old tool that I got when I did my manicure course. (incase you're wondering why I don't continue to use that its because its more like a knife and therefore I don't like it)

Hi Tamm,

I use a cuticle pusher to start with after letting the Remover work for a couple of mins. I then have a little tool which looks like something a dentist would use LOL - I have tried the curette but cant seem to get on with it - the little hole fills up and it is really difficult to get the gunk out LOL. Maybe I am doing it wrong!

If I can find a picture of the thing I use then I will send it to you - I think I got it from TR Imports (they are called something else now - IT&LY I think)

Would you send me a picture of it as well. It is something I'm find awkward too! Thanks in advance.

I bought a great little set in Salon Services (Beauty Express) there is a center piece that you can screw attachments to both ends, the kit came with attachments all stainless steel - its great

Hi ya, Wendy aka Talented Talons referred me to a tool that she uses which is called the dual tool i bought it yesterday from Sally's wholesalers havent used it yet but when Wendy showed me how to it looked pretty nifty has two sides to it one side to push the cuticle and then a flatter side to remove any cuticle on the nail plate i will be using it tomorrow nite anyway hth x

As Kelly said, i usethe dual tool which i have found to be easy to use and no where near as agressive as some tools can be or look. At the end of the day lost tools are only bad if you use them badly, but i've found the dual tool to be simple and effective to use when removing dry skin and cleaning up the nail plate.

I'll second that one (or is that third it!) Wendy and Kells - dual tool works well for me!

I use the EZ Flow pro pusher. It's double ended and fantastic for removing all non living tissue. I think they are hand crafted..a precision tool. Well worth the money. Have a look at it I think it's on their website:

www.californianails.com

I'll third it (or fourth it lol) dual tool works well for me too...I did find the star nails version just a tiny bit blunt tho and found a slightly better version which I guard with my life as I can't for the life in me remember where I got it :confused:

Thanks peeps... I've seen a dual tool in the ellisons catalogue that I might try....has anyone tried that one?

I would still be interestd in seeing yours though Fiona:)

I just thought I would say... that all the DN Precision tools are 1/2 price right now - it's in the back of Update or call DN for info!!!

Mrs Geek said:
I just thought I would say... that all the DN Precision tools are 1/2 price right now - it's in the back of Update or call DN for info!!!

Ooooh yeah I'd forgotten about that! Thanks Samantha! the Double Ended Cuticule Chisel... will that be easier and better for me to use than the Precision Pushie that I can't get on with do you think?

Mani-fique! said:
Ooooh yeah I'd forgotten about that! Thanks Samantha! the Double Ended Cuticule Chisel... will that be easier and better for me to use than the Precision Pushie that I can't get on with do you think?
Maybe! Di always uses that on me BUT...I think that along with Cuticle Remover, the curette works wonders - the amount of non-living-tissue that comes off me at every R/B is unreal - I just must grow a lot! I can't remember if we do a Precision Curette but I imagine that would be 1/2 price also!! :)

Mrs Geek said:
Maybe! Di always uses that on me BUT...I think that along with Cuticle Remover, the curette works wonders - the amount of non-living-tissue that comes off me at every R/B is unreal - I just must grow a lot! I can't remember if we do a Precision Curette but I imagine that would be 1/2 price also!! :)

Ah... yeah got one of those as well lol..... I maybe just need to get the hang of it I don't know.... I can never seem to get as much off as I do with my old student 'knife' and I do use cuticle remover.... I guess its a case of finding what works for me... I'll have another play but seeing as the cuticle chisel is on offer I may as well try that as well lol

Thanks.

TracyUK said:
I'll third it (or fourth it lol) dual tool works well for me too...I did find the star nails version just a tiny bit blunt tho and found a slightly better version which I guard with my life as I can't for the life in me remember where I got it :confused:

Hi All, and I will 5th that I to use the Dual Tool from star...Any of these products can be resharped...most metals will blunt after time, my chap just put mine on a oil stone and give it an edge again - but he has the skill to do that. Luckly for me..

Sorry it took so long to get this picture up - it is not overly clear as it is so small but here goes LOL.

HI...
I was trying to find the easyest way to remove cuticle ( during pedicure & manicure)... I found it for myself : I shape nails of client first, than push cuticles a little with pusher, than put cuticle remover on all 10 cuticles and ask client to put her/his hands into manicure bowl with a bit of liquid soap for 3 minutes (gives me time for cigarette) and after this I use cuticle knife (or curette) and cuticles just come off themselves very easy and quickly! After this procedure I put a bit of cuticle oil around client's cuticles or lotion all over hands (including cuticle area). Sounds complicated but it is so easy & quick. And nails look brlliant!

naturalnails said:
Sorry it took so long to get this picture up - it is not overly clear as it is so small but here goes LOL.
Good grief Fiona that looks a bit surgical! lol.... :eek: you'll have to explain how you use that and where you got it from...... thanks for posting it.

LOL Tamm,

I use it the same way as a curette - apply cuticle remover then wait a little bit of time, then use the cuticle pusher and then after rinsing off the remover I go round with the tool and get rid of anything which is left.

I got it from TR Imports - if you are going to Excel they will probably be there but I think they are called IT&LY now - also Batten Edwards do tools.

do you know if there is a web site that sells them?

thanxs xx

Latest posts

Back