Cuticle work and shaping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SerenityNailz

Reaction score
Hi!

Just interested to see who does what first? Cuticle work or shaping?

X

I always start with cuticle work. It’s like a ritual, that way I don’t forget what I’m doing lol

Cuticles first. And I always start with their right hand or I get confused. o_O

Shaping, cuticles, pinkie to thumb, thumb to pinkie left to right always

Shaping and cuticles and I too always start with the pinkie on the left hand x

Ladies - pls can you help me. If I am offering a shellac manicure and just a shellac paint as part of my services and the client only wants a shellac paint but their have a lot of cuticle needing to be done how do you go around this? We can't force customers to pay more for the manicure so what's the best solution to paint?

Ladies - pls can you help me. If I am offering a shellac manicure and just a shellac paint as part of my services and the client only wants a shellac paint but their have a lot of cuticle needing to be done how do you go around this? We can't force customers to pay more for the manicure so what's the best solution to paint?
That’s why I don’t have any pricing which offer a service not including cuticle work. Everything I do starts with cuticle work. If you want your work to look good it must include cuticle work so make sure it’s always factored into treatments and pricing.

I would apologize and say unfortunately due to the length of your cuticles they will need to be done in order to get shellac. I usually explain that the shellac will only adhere to the nail not any cuticle that is left there and therefore must be done for the service to be long lasting and effective! People seem to understand and would like whatever they are getting to last rather than save a few

Sounds great - thanks so much! I'm sure they will appreciate the honesty as you say and I suppose it's not the end of the world if I have two not charge for the cuticle work for the odd client as I would have suggested it. They would prob appreciate the service and honesty x

I’m not sure you should offer any Shellac service without cuticle work as you would not be giving the client a true Shellac Treatment. It’s all in the preparation that makes Shellac stay, cut corners and it won’t last causing you problems and clients not returning.

Latest posts

Back