Cuticle work - How do you feel about it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you feel about cuticle work

• Love it

Votes: 39 44.8%
  • Hate it

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Not bothered one way or the other

Votes: 38 43.7%

• Total voters

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I read in another thread that one person hated cuticle work and one didn't.

I would actually happily do cuticle work for a living. I sit there with my cuticle remover and my tools and however 'gunky' they are I just love making a silk purse out of a sows ear. Even better is toes they are usually so neglected and it is like a transformation.

Anybody got a vacancy for a cuticler:lol:

No vacancy here.....
I too get a huge sense of satisfaction when I see all the gunk coming off, job well done and all that :lol: and I have got to agree with the toe thing too.

Oh I love it, the more gunk the better. I hate it when someone already has clean and tidy cuticles. Although for some odd reason I don't like cleaning under the nail ... maybe it's cos it brings back memories of when I had a client who was badly hungover and had the remains of the previous night's curry under there ... I nearly heaved!

Oh I love it, the more gunk the better. I hate it when someone already has clean and tidy cuticles. Although for some odd reason I don't like cleaning under the nail ... maybe it's cos it brings back memories of when I had a client who was badly hungover and had the remains of the previous night's curry under there ... I nearly heaved!

I love cuticle removal too... and like you Sarah I hate cleaning under the free edge, especially from the ladies and gentlemen at the nursing home as I don't think it is left over curry under their free edge ... although I expect a similar colour !!!!! 'Heave' :eek::eek: All in a day's work .... bless 'em! :cry:

I love cuticle removal too... and like you Sarah I hate cleaning under the free edge, especially from the ladies and gentlemen at the nursing home as I don't think it is left over curry under their free edge ... although I expect a similar colour !!!!! 'Heave' :eek::eek: All in a day's work .... bless 'em! :cry:

Eewww and Eeew to the last two posts!! Can't say Ive had anything like that, but I have a sensitive tummy and don't know how you weren't sick :lol:

I like the end result of cuticle work, sense of achievement and that but really don't like the gunk that comes off, but Im a bit funny with lots of things to be honest!

Eww I hate it!

My worst client yet was a nail biter and a smoker - the goo that came off was not only loads, but it was yellow and smelly too.:eek: quite literally was churning my stomach.

If it's a regular and I have been doing their cuticles for a few weeks then obviously it's not so bad.

But yes, I hate it.:rolleyes:

I love it! I really get a deep sense of satisfaction from it. And I love it when a new client who says "oh my nails are awful" look completely amazed at the transformation before I even tip them!

Hate doing my own cuticles, though. Get really bored. Odd. :eek:

i love it too, even before applying nail enhancements the difference after a good prep/cuticle work... brings natural nails alive,

well i don't like it much at all...but (and this is gonna sound odd) some peoples gunk don't bother me as much as other peoples...:confused:

Glad there are so many like me, I was beginning to think I was odd:eek:

No vacancy here.....
I too get a huge sense of satisfaction when I see all the gunk coming off, job well done and all that :lol: and I have got to agree with the toe thing too.

Same here!!! :lol:

I love cuticle work, although I wish that it didn't add so much time to my enhancement services :cry:

Yak , you have just brought back memories of when i was an auxilary nurse at the local hospital , claws with dirt under them , not for me, however bless them someones got to do it, sure wouldnt let my old parents get there nails in that state!

It doesn't really bother me either way but on the very rare occasion I have had one too many shandy's the night before, doing cuticle work actually makes me feel sick.....note to self don't have too many shandy's on a school night!

Maybe I am odd but I love doing foot cuticle work but not hand. Probably because you get much more gunk from toes than fingers and the more gunk the better! I get a real sense of a job well done.

I'm not bothered by it, in fact the quicker its over the better I normally cant wait to get to my fav bit.... sculpting.

Ooh I love a bit of cuticle work, but then again I also love squeezing other peoples blackheads:lol:
I lost my way... I should do facials too!

I find it quite satisfying , but when i do my mums who is a keen gardener and wipe mucky cuticle on a tissue sometimes turns my stomach, otherwise i enjoy creating a clean canvas to work on!:)

Ooh I love a bit of cuticle work, but then again I also love squeezing other peoples blackheads:lol:
I lost my way... I should do facials too!
Hey my husband would love you! he always want me to squeeze his blackheads dont mind doing my own but not someone elses! You must have a strong stomach!:lol:

Latest posts

Back