Cuticle work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that video was awesome. I've always done what I thought was a thorough job but I obviously didnt go far enough. No excuses any more !

A very eye opening video.

I thought I was very thorough with my cuticle work but have just realised I need to do more work.

I have just invested in some CND cuticle remover so look foward to working with it now.

... we all think that we can prep correctly and therefore we shouldn't have any lifting but Holly shows us exactly what we should be doing to remove the cuticle - check out the link below :green::green:

Cuticles

Just like to say a huge thank you to Holly as well :hug:

wow what an eye opener!
I was taught to do it just like that, but can see looking at that that I've got a bit lax and need to be a bit more thorough again in my prep.
Thanks for posting the link Fiona, and of course thanks to Holly for the great tutorial. :hug:

I have to say that is what really good training teaches you! Doing it properly from the start would solve so many problems that occur on here all the time

I have some old Creative "cuticle remover", is this still available.... I bought 1 liter of it :)

I have checked MSDS and eraser is different, thank god, as I found cuticle remover with a metal instrument (a blunt one) shredded the nailplate and long shards of the nail surface came away, that could be grabbed and peeled back to the cuticle, this is one of the reasons I scrape forward, rather than backwards.

I've still got heaps and can do a video if need be, I tend to only use "cuticle remover" on feet alone and even use it to soften callouses, as I find it quite harsh on nails.

Wow what a fantastic video. Apparently my training was rubbish hehe, didnt get taught any of that! Will defo be doing that from now on, thank you for posting x

Actually what scares me more are the number of people referring to the eponychium as cuticle!!!!
First thing I was taught on my CND course was the difference between cuticle and Eponychium! :eek:
Why do so many pro's get this fundamental thing so wrong!
Excellent vid
We are so luck on here!:green:

Actually what scares me more are the number of people referring to the eponychium as cuticle!!!!
First thing I was taught on my CND course was the difference between cuticle and Eponychium! :eek:
Why do so many pro's get this fundamental thing so wrong!
Excellent vid
We are so lucky on here!:green:

They get it wrong because most of the people teaching nails were themselves taught incorrectly and try continue to pass on that incorrect info.

Even in many text books the cuticle and the eponychium are not defined correctly. If people see something in a text book they naturally assume the info is correct ... Unfortunately in the case of cuticle it has been incorrect for years.

That's the best video Holly has ever done. She is a geek treasure!

Hi and good luck with your new venture I hope it goes really well for you!
Regarding your question on tables I know of people who have actualy used an ironing table. I know that this does not look very professional but it would give you a good working height and you can sit opposite your clent. If they are aware that you're starting up and your prices are reflecting this they may be happy with this set up. I haven't long been in this business myself and was also very nervous when I started doing manicures ( ok with evertyhing else though)! just take a deep breath, tell yourself that you can do it and just do you're best - I'm sure you'll be fine. Good Luck!

Hi and good luck with your new venture I hope it goes really well for you!
Regarding your question on tables I know of people who have actualy used an ironing table. I know that this does not look very professional but it would give you a good working height and you can sit opposite your clent. If they are aware that you're starting up and your prices are reflecting this they may be happy with this set up. I haven't long been in this business myself and was also very nervous when I started doing manicures ( ok with evertyhing else though)! just take a deep breath, tell yourself that you can do it and just do you're best - I'm sure you'll be fine. Good Luck!

My only worry about an ironing board is that it is not very stable.
The client only needs to knock the table & you could have some spillages.

Well it is CND education !! What do you expect? :lol: and it comes to you free of charge .. Your new years gift from me. :hug:

Cuticle Away is an amazing product for removing cuticle and nothing does the job better or more gently. 08452106060 if you would like to purchase Cuticle Away and the best surprise is that it is not expensive and it's a large bottle that lasts ages and ages.

Gigi- since Amanda brought it out of her box of tricks, I have never used anything else-worth every penny and a "NECESSITY" I'd say!
However, I used to use peoples ironing boards about 20 many years ago- covered in a good towel and a few layers of bed roll with a tray all set up ready for action! It's a great idea to use some blue tack on the base of your monomer dish and stick it on a good base.. I kept ready cut forms in a small Tupperware box then used it's lid as a secure base for me to stick the momomer dish to! Hth x

Latest posts

Back