cuticles bleeding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sj1973

Reaction score
when my friend does nails....she pushes the cuticles back so much they bleed...... she must be doing more damage than good.....but the clients always go to her and she has done this for years ......can i have your views on this geeks please....xxxx

ouch! your friend needs to be more careful imo..accidents can happen as were all only human but really you shouldnt be making anyones cuticles bleed at all...if she uses her tools correctly with the correct techniques then there would be NO bleeding.

These people probably go back again for various reasons...through loyalty or because they dont know any better.

Lordy makes me whince thinking about it...
sounds like she is causing alot of trauma to the eponychium and proximal nail fold....which protects the nail bed from infection and she is going to cause a serious injury , its ok to gently push back the enonychium to expose the cuticle but going under the nail fold and causing bleeding :eek:......have you explained to her what damage she could be doing

Are her clients sadists? :eek:

It sounds like she needs to soften the cuticles before she pushes them back. I use Jessica's nourish and phenomen oil followed by a little pushie machine for natural nailcare.
For enhancements, I use CND's AHA cuticle remover then gently push with a curved metal pushie. If the cuticle has been sufficently softened it shouldn't tear if you're careful.

she should also be concerned about the risk of infection :eek:

Maybe her clients know nothing different?! slightly worrying!

I would jsut have a little word in her ear - or direct her to here!!

Becki xxx

hi geeks....i have told her that its wrong and that she might be doing alot of harm...she said she knows....i think people go back out of loyalty and because she has not had a complaint she keeps doing it....i am doing one of her ex client (she cant afford alot so i said i would do it bit cheaper)tomorrow and she told me her cuticles use to bleed and really really hurt,told her it would hurt cos cuticles should not bleed....she was shocked when i told her she was lucky not to have had infection .....xxxx

Not wanting to judge as i dont know the girl but it sounds like your friend is rather ignorant....saying that she knows but still continuing on without trying to sort this problem out....does she say it in an uncaring 'ah well' type manner or a 'i know but not sure what to do about it' manner?

If its the first one I would be very inclined to tell her straight and to the point that its not on, if its the latter then maybe you could try a more subtle approach...suggesting good products or techniques etc that you use your self to encourage her to be more caring and professional!

she just said that she has always done it this way and it works for her....like i said....she has had no complaints..........YET...... the cuticals are red roar as well cos i watched her once...the lady she was doing said it hurt i said ..does she make you bleed aswell...she said yes and that it hurts and that was all that was said....xxxx

I don't mean to pick but cuticle is what you remove from the nail plate during prep, it's non living tissue and therefore can't bleed.

She's obviously using the wrong technique when prepping the nails and forcing the eponychium back too far, she'll end up losing her clients if she doesn't correct her technique... maybe point her in the direction of a 1-2-1 with her educator.

she actually wants to be a teacher.....she is pushing it back to far....why is it that if you bleed and your friends dont....do you go back to her again????? thats what i cant work out....she still has clients xxxx

I feel sorry for her clients because they obviously trust that what she is doing is ok, youve told her and she has decided not to listen so i dont see what else you can do...other than steel all her clients (haha) and do the job properly...there loyal to her so imagine how loyal they will be to someone that doesnt butcher them! x

she actually wants to be a teacher.....she is pushing it back to far....why is it that if you bleed and your friends dont....do you go back to her again????? thats what i cant work out....she still has clients xxxx
It's mainly due to her clients not knowing any better, no different to asking why people go to NSS and have MMA on their nails... take this opportunity to tell the lady who's coming to you all about how the nail treatment should be and that it should NEVER be a painful experience.

I feel sorry for her clients because they obviously trust that what she is doing is ok, youve told her and she has decided not to listen so i dont see what else you can do...other than steel all her clients (haha) and do the job properly...there loyal to her so imagine how loyal they will be to someone that doesnt butcher them! x
very true.....did not think of that thanks hun...xxxxx

It's mainly due to her clients not knowing any better, no different to asking why people go to NSS and have MMA on their nails... take this opportunity to tell the lady who's coming to you all about how the nail treatment should be and that it should NEVER be a painful experience.
good advice thanks hun xxxx

Of course it is unacceptable to make anyone bleed as a regular part of a treatment!! goodness me. :eek:

I think this story sounds a little extreme not to mention far fetched to me and I can't believe that every client she does bleeds out like you describe and that all their eponychiums are red raw!! I mean be honest, who in their right minds would put up with that sort of treatment especially in the world we live in today?

Sounds a load of old nonsense to me.

Cuticles dont bleed! cuticles are DEAD non living tissue on the nail plate.... Eponychium's Bleed if they are miss-treated.

sorry but this is doing my head in at the moment, I'm meeting with alot of new and trained techs at the moment and 4/5 are calling the eponychium 'the cuitcle' :grr: It just makes me want to smack them :o

Of course it is unacceptable to make anyone bleed as a regular part of a treatment!! goodness me. :eek:

I think this story sounds a little extreme not to mention far fetched to me and I can't belñieve that every client she does bleeds out like you describe and that all their eponychiums are red raw!! I mean be honest, who in their right minds would put up with that sort of treatment especially in the world we live in today?

Sounds a load of old nonsense to me.
honestly its the truth....i have asked people who have there nails done by her and they all say they have made them bleed...she has told me aswell ....honestly ..

honestly its the truth....i have asked people who have there nails done by her and they all say they have made them bleed...she has told me aswell ....honestly ..

Well the mind boggles! She should be struck off!!

Cuticles dont bleed! cuticles are DEAD non living tissue on the nail plate.... Eponychium's Bleed if they are miss-treated.

sorry but this is doing my head in at the moment, I'm meeting with alot of new and trained techs at the moment and 4/5 are calling the eponychium 'the cuitcle' :grr: It just makes me want to smack them :o
thank you :green:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back