Cutting combs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrunner14

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone uses for cutting combs. Many years ago when Tigi had their hardcore combs though they cost a fortune back then I fortunately stocked up and am on my last few now. I've tried every comb out their but cannot find one I like as well or is as sturdy and long lasting as the hardcore combs. I probably bought these about 12-15 years ago they lasted that long. I've tried the carbon ones and a few other plastic ones from Sally's and none of them glide through the hair like Tigi's. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would rather spend more and have it last for a long time. Thanks in advance.

I use Comare. They have 2 different size cutting combs too which I like, one is great for shorter hair eg gents and other is wider so better for longer hair work. Quite cheap too, but good quality.

My boss had a tigi cutting comb for years and was heart broken when it finally gave up the ghost. We trialed many brands and the only one that lived up to the standard was Y. S Park. I'm sure our main cutting combs are both G45. And I also have a 336 for blending really short hair, hair lines etc.

I use Comare. They have 2 different size cutting combs too which I like, one is great for shorter hair eg gents and other is wider so better for longer hair work. Quite cheap too, but good quality.
Thank you so much I am going to pick some up tomorrow!

My boss had a tigi cutting comb for years and was heart broken when it finally gave up the ghost. We trialed many brands and the only one that lived up to the standard was Y. S Park. I'm sure our main cutting combs are both G45. And I also have a 336 for blending really short hair, hair lines etc.
Thank you so much, 2nd vote for these, ordering some now. Have a great week!

Yea those combs were pretty good!.....I've tried many others & finally found my new fave......Sam Villa combs....
1601826384876.png

Thank you so much, definitely investing in some!

Thank you so much, definitely investing in some!

Awesome!!! They are the nice longer combs like the Hardcore TIGI combs, have that similar squareness like TIGI combs too & I like the sectioning tooth in the front it's handy for easy sectioning!.... The teeth aren't too close like a lot of the others I've tried seem to have been.

Just picked some up today, haven't used them yet but I love the feel, seems like a perfect combo of elements! The carbon combs have No glide, these seem to have a perfect balance of silicone cannot wait to use them!!!

I found this thread in hopes of finding more hardcore combs myself! How did the ones you tried compare?

Latest posts

Back