Cutting hair after straightening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOS14

Reaction score
Hi, Just popped over from the nail forum. I have recently changed hairdresser and the girl that has been doing my 11 year old daughters hair, straightens it first and then cuts. Is this normal to do this, first time I have seen this. She has curly hair and as a treat gets it straightened at the hairdressers. The last 2 cuts haven't been great especially the fringe as once it has been washed and is left curly it is far too long. I am going to mention it to the girl that does my hair who is the salon owner but just wanted to check with you guys first. Thanks very much. X

Hi, if it's curly on a child's cut I usually straighten it to get a more accurate cut :) As when you cut it curly it can be uneven when straight. X

Hi, Just popped over from the nail forum. I have recently changed hairdresser and the girl that has been doing my 11 year old daughters hair, straightens it first and then cuts. Is this normal to do this, first time I have seen this. She has curly hair and as a treat gets it straightened at the hairdressers. The last 2 cuts haven't been great especially the fringe as once it has been washed and is left curly it is far too long. I am going to mention it to the girl that does my hair who is the salon owner but just wanted to check with you guys first. Thanks very much. X

U don't Jess u just cut it curly!

I prefer to cut on straighter hair, but it depends how the hair is done daily. My cousin has beautiful curls but has it flat ironed daily before school so I always cut it when straight so it's even, if she were to wear it curly most of the time id cut it curly, she's 7 btw if it counts towards the question xoxo

Latest posts

Back