cutting the edge of sculptured nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drum

Reaction score
hi, know i will sound really thick here but i'm not a nail tech, just interested in all nail things. i recently had gel sculpts done and the tech cut the sides to straighten them. i've never seen this done before and did not ask about it but now i want to know what tool she used ( this would be very useful for my daughter, long story!) can anyone help?

I am not sure what she would have used I normally file down any length, I would think that tip cutters could crack and shatter the enhancements.

if she was using a soak off gel she would have been able to cut a thin layer of sculpted gel with a pair of curved scissors as these gels are more flexible and unlikely to shatter.

hi, know i will sound really thick here but i'm not a nail tech, just interested in all nail things. i recently had gel sculpts done and the tech cut the sides to straighten them. i've never seen this done before and did not ask about it but now i want to know what tool she used ( this would be very useful for my daughter, long story!) can anyone help?

Did they look like nail clippers with the blade on the side? Pictured here under 'cuticle nippers with side blade' (You have to scroll down quite a bit to see them). I use them with bio/calgel sculps and they work well.
Bio Sculpture

With a soak-off gel I just use regular nail clippers. They would never shatter. I used scissors once, when I misplaced them and that worked OK, too.

I Too Use 'side Nippers' If Needs Be With Calgel Sculpts

thanks for that everyone.

Latest posts

Back