Cutting your own hair on Daily Mail online

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolled up

Reaction score
I seen this and was horrified! Her hair looked awful, someone put in the comments go to a collage with trainees and get it done cheap if you can't go to an expensive salon!
I would never do what she did, I've trimmed round my fringe before but never hacked a chunk from my hair! X

I recently had a client who informed me that she never had someone pay attention to sectioning in her life. She was astounded on the fact we have 30-45min time slot for hair cuts and she'd previously had her hairdresser use the methods as slated in daily mail on her and it was a 4min cut!!!!!!!

Well she decribed it as sitting in the chair hair upside down and cut into, she didnt even wear a gown!!! Yikes! The layers were a botched up job that she came with and only gone to the salon as it was the closest to her home. She'd learnt her lession in the fact it looked horrendous and wanted it to grow back and be recitfied. She also had thining scizzors applied everywhere, especially considering she didnt need thinning.-it became all wispy and a hellava lot thicker where it had grew back.

If i had a picture it looked amazing afterwards, you couldnt tell she had a huge wedge in her layers, it was concealed nicely.

Im pretty appalled by these methods personally and think if your desperate go for it, because i cant wait to take their money when they realise its actually thier fault!! hehe! xoxo

I think its awful that a hairdresser would tell someone so publicly to do this. Doesn't he think business is hard enough at the moment for us non-celeb hairdressers, without clients being told they can do it themselves!!

:eek: I have no words.

I can only assume people will try this and muck up their hair and end up in a salon getting their hair fixed.

Well well well
Good old Daily mail attacking the hair industry AGAIN!
I dont ever find myself shocked nor surprised at the crap they put to press lately.
One can only assume,as when home colour strip kits were launched,that we will inevitably end up with many clients with many wonky fringes,base lines and botch jobs coming through the doors soon.

One thing i can definatley be sure on is that females will give up many things in the gloomy recession situation,however they are NOT prepared to give up their treat time!
My clients may go a week longer than before,but they will fight tooth and nail to still be able to afford to come in to us and get their colours/cuts/treatments,2 ish hours of down time and coffee and gossip on tap.

Priceless girls xx:wink2:

i'm suprised he didn't say , alternatively tie the pony tail at the back for a long bob!!!:smack: fools!!!!!

Aghhh well - think if all the money you will make from fixing peoples hair!!! Lol !!

Some people will sell their grandma's for a bit of attention/publicity....Shame on him.

Let's see how the public get on with DIY hair cutting, I for one love fixing complete mess up's :lol:.

x

I stopped reading it after the part about using kitchen scissors.....

Kitchen scissors will do as well as hairdressing scissors,’ says Lee Stafford.

This really upsets me! I'm in shock that Lee Stafford would do this :-(

This really upsets me! I'm in shock that Lee Stafford would do this :-(

Im with you on that one - completely lost all respect for that man now!!

He doesn't mind ppl cutting there own hair as he knows his celebrities would never do it. But for us hairdressers in the real world, we may loose clients if they are promoting this!

Someone tweeted him about it and this is what he replied hardly the same thing really is it

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337266866.753995.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337266866.753995.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 301
I think I will sell my story to the DM.
It will be about the time when I took the (kitchen) scissors and cut myself a fringe.
I was 4.
I haven't tried it since :wink2:.

That's awful! Cutting hair with sharp scissors next to your face and not being able to see properly is terrible!

How strict health and safety is on every aspect of life now and yet your being told by a top hairdresser todo that!

Agree also with all the comments above, seems very unprofessional to encourage people to now cut their own hair! Horrendous!

oh i seen this on facebook earlier its so shocking aint it!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back