Daft newbie question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxJackiexx

Reaction score
Hello im a total newbie with no nail based qualifications only hairdressing ones lol

Possibly a silly question now But......once I have passed the CND manicure and pedicure course that I am singed up for in October will I be able to gain insurance for manicures/pedicures using any brand of products or would I only be covered insurance wise for using CND products only ? Not that Im looking at other brands just wondering .

If I where to seek employment within a salon/nail bar would CND only training be recognised as being 'enough'.

Do I need get any NVQ type qualifications ?

Sorry if I seem abit stupid lol Just figuring out what I need to do to give myself the best chance of being successful .

hi, the cnd qualification would allow you to gain insurance to use any product although i would highly recommend the cnd products, they are fab. also with regards to future employment they will almost certainly given a choice of people, choose the one with the most advanced qualifications and experience although the cnd qualification is sufficient for man and ped. x

Just wanted to add that although an NVQ is the absolute minimum standard required, and CND education surpasses this standard, an NVQ is mandatory for employment within London. I'm not sure where you live or plan to work, but just letting you know so it's a consideration.
Elsewhere, CND Education should be held in high regard on it's own.

hi, the cnd qualification would allow you to gain insurance to use any product although i would highly recommend the cnd products, they are fab. also with regards to future employment they will almost certainly given a choice of people, choose the one with the most advanced qualifications and experience although the cnd qualification is sufficient for man and ped. x

Thankyou for helping me xx

I know CND has an excellent reputation , I'm so glad I've booked with them. I was going to do a college manicure/pedicure course but when I went to the first few classes it was Hectic far too many people squashed into a tiny room lol I couldn't concentrate :evil:

Just wanted to add that although an NVQ is the absolute minimum standard required, and CND education surpasses this standard, an NVQ is mandatory for employment within London. I'm not sure where you live or plan to work, but just letting you know so it's a consideration.
Elsewhere, CND Education should be held in high regard on it's own.

Hello I live in St Helens in the north west. Im hoping to do more CND courses after the mani/pedi ones that im already booked on. Shellac, Minx and L+P are also on the list.

Ultimate goal is to have my own nail salon. But before that I would like to gain lots of experience first either working mobile or employment within someone else's salon.

Why would u want to use anything other than Cnd???

Why would u want to use anything other than Cnd???

I haven't thought about using anything else :D I was just wondering that's all -I'm pretty certain that I will love CND products once I've tried them x

Latest posts

Back