Daily deal website for home run salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
just wondering if many of you who work from home, say a corner of your living room or conservatory, have done any offers with the daily deal sites. I am hoping to convert the garage to a beauty room but in the meantime i am curtaining off an area of the kitchen (i Have a large 20ft kitchen) so I am hoping to work it so that the client will not see any of the kitchen, as when you open the door, all you will see is my salon set up and not the kitchen coz i will have a curtain there, (I know i am making this sound more complicated that it is, ill try upload a photo if it wil help).... anyway....... just wondered if many of you who run your business from home have offered deals with these sites. do you point out that it is a home based salon. i was thinking maybe offereing a spray tan and gel polish combo.

I was told by groupon and KGB that I had to have premises. Not sure about other sites but I'd imagine they'd all be the same, sorry x

Groupon have had no problem trying to get me to sign up. Their problem is that I won't touch them with a barge pole!

Think *very* carefully before you do anything with them. Think about:

1) If someone is paying half price would they really come back and pay full price?
2) You are only working for upto 25% of what you normally charge
3) Will it become too popular and you can't fit in clients?
4) All too often it appears they forget to limit the number of vouchers sold
5) Any problems with bookings and vouchers people don't complain about Groupon to their friends and your potential clients, they complain about you

If you wanted to sell 50 vouchers max for example. If the treatment full price is £40 Groupon would sell that for £20 (max) and you would be paid £8 for the treatment. Is that going to convert into a long term client?

How about if you said for the next 50 clients who pay £40 I put half of that aside into an Advertising pot and keep half. So you are making £12 more yourself and you now have £1000 to spend on advertising - Google, Facebook, local press, paid flyer drop. That is advertising for full paying clients.

As I say ... research and FULLY explore the options before committing!

Latest posts

Back