Daisy Cutter/Raptor/Pre-Etched Nail Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aminah

Reaction score
When contemplating the sculpt is fastest idea I keep running into the concept of the pre-etched tip. Right now I do a full set with them in 60 min. [Don't think that's too shabby, guests don't complain]. Yet, deep, waaaay deep down, I kno I started in this business doing sculpts. People did not want to pay for that expertise, though. Perhaps due to NSS offering tips at $20 a set. Either way, I succombed, and now do mostly tips.

It might be nice to get my skill level back up. However, the Daisy Cutters, pre-etched style tips are fast, IMHO.

Any comments out there about this? Maybe I'm in denial.

TIA,

a

HI Aminah,

I know where you are coming from on this .... I have concentrated so hard on sculpting but have not yet been pleased with my work and I know that practice is the key but yesterday I did a full set with white tips and I loved them ... not perfect yet but I loved the sleekness of them and the fact that I had a general consistency of look on the both hands and not some nails better than others that I tend to get with my sculpts. And the time I took to do the set was less than my sculpts ... I know it shouldnt but it did none the less. I think I may offer tips but keep practicing my sculpts until I get them to the standards that I want. I still believe that sculpting gives you more options ie nail bed extending and replacing smile lines etc ...
The other thing is that sculpting does work out cheaper than tips to do so this is also a great reason for sculpting ... so maybe you should get going on your sculpting :)

There are some pretty tips out there though too :)

Take care
Jo xx

Yeah, Jo.

I'm feelin' you and as I read your response I was thinking "that's what I should do" also . . . do tips, practice sculpting. Perhaps on self. Hmmm, that sounds like a plan. I'm preparing to get all into this Creative "Mosiacs" is it? The one where you custom blend or something. In a recent issue of "Nails" there was a little booklet from Creative which showed acrylic which had been custom blended and man oh man, it was sweet looking. One set in the booklet looked almost like tanned nails. Don't know if I'm making sense, but if you've seen the booklet you'll know what I mean. Can't wait to get started.

Nail hugz,

'Minah 'Minah from over the way!

Jo. said:
HI Aminah,

I know where you are coming from on this .... I have concentrated so hard on sculpting but have not yet been pleased with my work and I know that practice is the key but yesterday I did a full set with white tips and I loved them ... not perfect yet but I loved the sleekness of them and the fact that I had a general consistency of look on the both hands and not some nails better than others that I tend to get with my sculpts. And the time I took to do the set was less than my sculpts ... I know it shouldnt but it did none the less. I think I may offer tips but keep practicing my sculpts until I get them to the standards that I want. I still believe that sculpting gives you more options ie nail bed extending and replacing smile lines etc ...
The other thing is that sculpting does work out cheaper than tips to do so this is also a great reason for sculpting ... so maybe you should get going on your sculpting :)

There are some pretty tips out there though too :)

Take care
Jo xx

Hi!

How is the USA today?

I have used tips since day one but I am doing my belated sculpting class in two weeks and I am really looking forward to it!

Is it easy/difficult...any tips, etc?

Hi Vicki:

You'll have no trouble picking up the technique. Just keep at it. You know the old adage, "Practice makes perfect!" I'll be keeping that in mind as I re-pick up the skill.

Oh the USA today is okay! Ooh, I rhymed. LOL

Fingertips ND said:
Hi!

How is the USA today?

I have used tips since day one but I am doing my belated sculpting class in two weeks and I am really looking forward to it!

Is it easy/difficult...any tips, etc?

Hi Aminah :)

Its the Custom Blending Kit that you are on about ... it has a selection of all colours from the mosaics and metro sets as well as black,glimmer, twilight, white and the new intense pink. Inside the box you get a booklet which shows some of the custom blends that you can do.

I have just been paracticing nail bed extending on myself and I think there is some way to go yet lol I tried just sculpting first and got in a mess then applied and blended a natural tip adn did the extend on that and found it much easier.

Practice hun methinks :)

Take care and speak soon
Jo xxx :hug:

Here in the US sculpts are a lost art. I am a nail instructor, and so many of my students have had their nails done at "discount salons" and love working with tips. I console myself this way. I look at the tip as an artists canvas, and tell myself that I am not compromising my talents, I am giving my clients what they know and want. I can actually do tips faster than sculpts now. Some of my clients prefer the white tip with pink acrylic only. The backfills are easy because O just file down to the tip and a little into the pink, add another tip and clear overlay. Quick and simpled.

Hi Terri:

So, it ain't just me. :wink2: . Thanks for responding!

terris5 said:
Here in the US sculpts are a lost art. I am a nail instructor, and so many of my students have had their nails done at "discount salons" and love working with tips. I console myself this way. I look at the tip as an artists canvas, and tell myself that I am not compromising my talents, I am giving my clients what they know and want. I can actually do tips faster than sculpts now. Some of my clients prefer the white tip with pink acrylic only. The backfills are easy because O just file down to the tip and a little into the pink, add another tip and clear overlay. Quick and simpled.

terris5 said:
The backfills are easy because O just file down to the tip and a little into the pink, add another tip and clear overlay. Quick and simple.

Ive never heard of that rebalance method before, it really interests me! Can you tell me more about it?
The way I was taught is the following; take the bulk down from the tip area and where the natural smile line is showing through then replace with white/ natural.
I am always in learning new techniques.

Latest posts

Back