Damage to nail plate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mel77

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hopefully you can give me some advice, though maybe a little short notice.

I have a client in later this afternoon for a full set of acrylics, the only problem is she has some damage to one of her baby finger nails. It looks like the tip of her finger has been chopped of at one time, and she has like a dipped well going across the nail plate. There is no free edge and there is not enough nail to be able to adhere a tip properly to as it would overlap the dip, if that makes sense.
What I was thinking of doing was to fill the dip with clear acrylic first, buff away so its smooth, then put the tip on and carry on as normal. Would this work in the long term?I have never come across this before so any advice would be appriciated.

My client also mentioned that where she normally goes they do that nail fine and it always stays on, so now I feel I have to get this right!! :eek:

xxxxx

Hi everyone,

Hopefully you can give me some advice, though maybe a little short notice.

I have a client in later this afternoon for a full set of acrylics, the only problem is she has some damage to one of her baby finger nails. It looks like the tip of her finger has been chopped of at one time, and she has like a dipped well going across the nail plate. There is no free edge and there is not enough nail to be able to adhere a tip properly to as it would overlap the dip, if that makes sense.
What I was thinking of doing was to fill the dip with clear acrylic first, buff away so its smooth, then put the tip on and carry on as normal. Would this work in the long term?I have never come across this before so any advice would be appriciated.

My client also mentioned that where she normally goes they do that nail fine and it always stays on, so now I feel I have to get this right!! :eek:

xxxxx

It may be easier to sculpt this nail.. build up the nail deformity with acrylic then carry on as normal..
?

If you don't sculpt, then what about using gelbond. That should fill the gap when you attach the tip.

Ah yes gelbond did not think of that!

Considering im rubbish at scuplts and there is no free edge at all, I wouldnt like to try! ha ha.

Thank you!! xx

Latest posts

Back