Damaged finger nail, tips on speeding up growth?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankie91

Reaction score
Afternoon geeks,
About 2 years ago I trapped my middle finger nail in the car door badly, it never fell off properly and is taking so long to grow back. At the moment it is finally almost at full length again to the edge of my finger, but has loads of vertical lines running down from epon. Down to free edge and looks terrible!

My phone won't allow me to upload photos for some reason (help with this would be great) but what I am really wanting is something I can use to speed up growth and how I can get these lines to disappear!

Been too long with a horrible nail and I am fed up!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Afternoon geeks,
About 2 years ago I trapped my middle finger nail in the car door badly, it never fell off properly and is taking so long to grow back. At the moment it is finally almost at full length again to the edge of my finger, but has loads of vertical lines running down from epon. Down to free edge and looks terrible!

My phone won't allow me to upload photos for some reason (help with this would be great) but what I am really wanting is something I can use to speed up growth and how I can get these lines to disappear!

Been too long with a horrible nail and I am fed up!

Once you have damaged the matrix of the nail, you can't 'un-damage it', lol. You will probably have the ridges for life if this is what you have done (good job you are a nail tech and know ways to hide it). The same damage may have also retarded the growth rate and this too will most likely stay that way (this is not the worst thing in the world as you wont have to paint it as often). Always look on the bright side! :D

Last edited:
Once you have damaged the matrix of the nail, you can't 'un-damage it', lol. You will probably have the ridges for life (good job you are a nail tech and know ways to hide it). The same damage has also retarded the growth rate and this too will most likely stay that way (this is not the worst thing in the world as you wont have to paint it as often). Always look on the bright side! :D

I have been thinking that about it being like this forever, so sad! It just looks so odd against my other nails!
Oh well, solar oil has definitely helped with the strength of the nail, and it doesn't look so dry which helps with the appearance a little!
Over the past month though the two outer sections of my nail have grown back to normal nail and the ridges have disappeared from these areas, leaving a nice smooth nail plate as normal nails are, just the middle section which is hopefully slowly doing the same!?! Thanks geeg! x

Latest posts

Back