Damaged hair but can’t figure out the cause

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calliecoedavis

Reaction score
I recently gained this hair client. When she came to me her hair was damaged in the bang area. I have her olaplex fo take home and when I colored her hair it was soft and not this noticeable. She came in last week and told me that we had got to do something to help it. I told her to stop using the flat iron so much and she assured me she doesn’t hardly use one. She puts it up wet and goes to work. It’s obviously damaged. But with olaplex, conditioner and oils it’s just getting longer but still damaged. It’s no longer breaking.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this? Should I just cut it off as much as I can?
94b522ed136db6a6aece52cf3d8498d2.jpg

I recently gained this hair client. When she came to me her hair was damaged in the bang area. I have her olaplex fo take home and when I colored her hair it was soft and not this noticeable. She came in last week and told me that we had got to do something to help it. I told her to stop using the flat iron so much and she assured me she doesn’t hardly use one. She puts it up wet and goes to work. It’s obviously damaged. But with olaplex, conditioner and oils it’s just getting longer but still damaged. It’s no longer breaking.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this? Should I just cut it off as much as I can?
Olaplex is great, but it only works on the inside of the hair. You need something to give moisture and protein balance. To give it some life and elasticity again. Do a course of reconstructing treatments and send her home with a moisturisung shampoo +conditioner.
Looks like sensitised hair that's been burned with excessive heat to me.

I agree. Looks like heat damage. Clients often say they aren’t using irons a lot but use them daily.

Perhaps she's using it wrong. Damp hair, no pre treatment and maybe her irons are clogged up with burnt hair spray? Or they are heating too hot? For this area, she could straighten the rest of her hair, switch them off and there will still be enough heat to straighten this part. Although once damaged, her options are limited

Does she wear a hat or sunglasses? Both caused my hair to break x

I’m Beauty not hair but this looks exactly like when I was young and used a box blonde in ash and put it on after a sunny holiday. I’d melted my whole head of hair into mush so brushing it ripped it all and snagged it like this. Had it cut off into pixie and it looked like this til I finally grew out it and could chop it off.

Blonde me shampoo ?

Thanks you guys! I’ll pass the word along

Latest posts

Back