Damaged hair from bleaching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bell97

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any products to help repair my hair that has been damaged from bleach? I am currently using Olaplex No 3. Is there a certain shampoo and conditioner I could use? Any help would be appreciated.

It depends how damaged it is.

Usually, you just need to add some extra moisture with your Olaplex treatment so I’d mix in some Olaplex (No:1, 2 or 3) to a deep conditioning product and apply as a mask to damp hair and leave for at least 30 minutes.

However, if the cuticle layer is very damaged, (hair looks like candy floss and breaks easily), then its best to cut it off.

It’s not too damaged just very dry and I have quite a few split ends. Do you think it’s worth buying a more expensive shampoo? Like Kerastase or similar? Thanks for your help!

It’s not too damaged just very dry and I have quite a few split ends. Do you think it’s worth buying a more expensive shampoo? Like Kerastase or similar? Thanks for your help!
What shampoo and conditioner are you using on it at the moment?

I’m using the Maria Nila Structure Repair Shampoo and conditioner and sometimes cantu hair mask

I’m using the Maria Nila Structure Repair Shampoo and conditioner and sometimes cantu hair mask
The Maria Nila stuff is quite nice, and the cantu is a fairly decent product too.
You need to be careful that you're not adding too much protein and not enough moisture as sometimes that can make the hair feel dry and hard/brittle.

Do you use a leave in product? Take a look at the revlon unique all in 1 leave in spray, or joico recovery leave in moisturizer.

If you're not keen on leave in products then your other option would be to introduce something like Philip Kingsley Elastisizer into your hair regime, do it no more than once a week.
This product is fantastic for restoring moisture and elasticity to the hair. When the hair feels better reduce to once every 3 weeks.

Amazing! Thank you so much I’ll have a look at these products now :)

Latest posts

Back