Damaged hyponychium, how long to repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoebe_cat

Reaction score
I had a plastic strip of paracetomol, cut in half in the bottom of my bag. I delved in there for something and the sharp corner of plastic went right up my hyponychium (ooh, er!) It bled for a bit, but then seemed to heal really well.

My question is, this was about 6 weeks ago, and although things are all healed, and not sore, my smile line is now straight across. I am a good girl and use my solar oil 3-4 times a day (practice what you preach!) but was just wondering, how long (if ever) it will take for my smile line to go back to it's normal curve?

x

A few weeks should see it back to normal. Solar Oil every day and don't poke around at it!! :irked: The nail bed will have to repair itself and the nail plate will have to grow back into the grooves. 2 things going on there.

Thanx Gigi! Looks like patience is the thing (not a virtue I possess unfortunately)! As long as I know, it will go back to normal, I'm happy! :green:

Ive done this, it was on my middle finger and pretty much the same(ish) circumstance, this was 2 years ago roughly, and my smile on the finger has stayed straight across. Since doing nails I have solar oiled religiously, but nothing, Im scared!! Boo hoo!! xx

Ive done this, it was on my middle finger and pretty much the same(ish) circumstance, this was 2 years ago roughly, and my smile on the finger has stayed straight across. Since doing nails I have solar oiled religiously, but nothing, Im scared!! Boo hoo!! xx

If the worst thing you have to face in this world is a straight smile line .. think yourself lucky. Who really is going to notice it but you? It all depends on the degree of damage done to the nail bed. Certainly it is nothing tobe scared of.

Lol!! thinking I did a spelling ooopppss!! scared or scarred? not 100% sure on this one, Im not bothered, my nail grows fine, but I have a straight smile! I just create a smiley smile!! Nobody will ever know!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back