Damaged Nail - Ski Jump

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gettin Nailed

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Just thought you will would be able to assist. I have a new client that had damaged her middle finger approx 1 year ago on a garage door which has resulted her nail to now grow in a ski jump look. She was a client of a NSS and this is my 2nd infil in that I have done on her. The problem I am having with this nail is that the product lifts. No tip is applied as it is overlayed with P & W. All the other nails have hardly any lift but this one is a problem. She has mentioned that the NSS product even lifted. Does anyone have any suggestions for this nail???

If you do a search you'll find heaps on this.
Unfortunately ski jumps are a problem & they do tend to lift. Your best bet is to shorten the nail, to remove the jump & retip.

are you filing the natural nail back to nothing before you apply the enhancement? as this will help -

are you doing a thorough prep - as this usually is the main cause of lifting?

im only saying this as these are the usual ??????????

maybe she may require primer and nailfresh flower as some clients do. maybe that one nail needs abit of extra help

My prep in my opinion is fine as the other nails have very little to no lift except for this one.... (I have used scrub fresh, nail fresh & primer etc)
This nail is kept fairly short, but seems to start to angle up half way along the nail bed length. (if that makes any sense).
Plus her nail beds are already thin from being over drilled by the previous salon.
Just thought someone may have a quick solution in ensuring this enhancement to stay put. Even the enhancements that the local NSS had put on lifted....

My prep in my opinion is fine as the other nails have very little to no lift except for this one.... (I have used scrub fresh, nail fresh & primer etc)
This nail is kept fairly short, but seems to start to angle up half way along the nail bed length. (if that makes any sense).
Plus her nail beds are already thin from being over drilled by the previous salon.
Just thought someone may have a quick solution in ensuring this enhancement to stay put. Even the enhancements that the local NSS had put on lifted....

If you do a search you'll find heaps on this.
Unfortunately ski jumps are a problem & they do tend to lift. Your best bet is to shorten the nail, to remove the jump & retip.
:) You need to get rid of the jump.

:) You need to get rid of the jump.

Thats going to be impossible if the jump starts halfway along the nail bed:eek:

I have a client with two ski jump nails, we have come to the conclusion that we just have to replace them every time she comes in.

HTH

Rachel x

if you have tried all you can and your prep is spot on ,sometimes you will just have to say we will just file the lift away every time you come for a rebalance.....because the nail is so thin from nss (from what you have said)you have to be very carefull that you dont do any more damage to the nail ,so over filing is out of the question....your doing your best hun....us nail techs have not got magic wands!!!:lol:
p.s. when using scrubfresh as i was just reading another thread,make sure you go right into corners of nail and you SCRUB the nail not to hard for about 5 secs on each nail,this could be why some of the other nails are lifting as you might not be getting in every corner!! hth a bit!!

Cheers ladies for the last two posts. I knew that there was NO way for buffing down this nail cos of where it is starting to ski from, plus with the existing damage. My thoughts are along your lines of just doing the best I can in the prep factor. The client is not worried about it lifting, but I just want to give her a perfect set of enhancements. But as she is a new client, I will know her hands more and more at each fill..

So thanx for all the advise xxx000:smack:

Latest posts

Back