Damaged nails, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair2014

Reaction score
I've recently had acrylics and decided to take them off by soaking etc (naughty I know). When the nails came off they took off some of my nail too and have left a rough/uneven surface. I think I'm also missing several layers of nail. Being a hairdresser I feel it's really important for my nails to look good so what I'm wondering is what can I do to cover this/make better? Thanks

If you pop to your local nail salon/tech, they'll be able to give you a nice manicure and hopefully make them look and feel a bit better.

Thank you. I was thinking maybe getting gel nails done but will it cause more damage?

You mean extensions?

Not necessarily. It's the person applying and removing the enhancement that causes the damage, not the product itself :)

Obviously I haven't seen your nails so can't say what would be best but definitely pop to a reputable salon and speak to them. Most will do a consultation with you and decide the best course of action from there. You can always ask on here for a nail geek in your area, you may find someone close or get a recommendation.

Thanks for your advise. I was thinking along the lines of gel overlays but I do love extensions too (I normally get acrylics)

Thanks for your advise. I was thinking along the lines of gel overlays but I do love extensions too (I normally get acrylics)

An overlay may help to protect them whilst the damage is growing out so definitely something to consider :)

Latest posts

Back