SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LinnF

Reaction score
Hi again,

I also wanted to ask about applying acrylic to damaged or naturally weak nails. The acrylics lift and there's the danger of damaging the nails further by buffing and removal right? I know some of this is inevitable but surely there must be ways to manage it a bit? Do you think I should just work on my prepping and be extra careful with damaged nails or are there any products or adjustments I can make? Very frustrated with this :( With damaged I mean mainly ridges, splits and weak nails, probably from improper nail removal or natural deficiency. Thanks!

If the nails are so weak the product is lifting then I personally wouldn’t apply it.
Are you sure this is why they are lifting?

Have you tried using the IBX or IBX Boost treatments, they're amazing and their results can be seen so quickly. the IBX repairs and strengthens nails by penetrating the nail so it actually locks inside it whereas the IBX Boost acts more like a correction gel on top of the nail but both are amazing treatments and can be used before applying acrylic, would definitely recommend having a look into it :)

If the nails are so weak the product is lifting then I personally wouldn’t apply it.
Are you sure this is why they are lifting?

Hm, I think its a combination, they don't lift instantly but significantly easier than if the same set was done on better nails. Will work on prep but maybe ask them to lay of acrylics for a bit..

Have you tried using the IBX or IBX Boost treatments, they're amazing and their results can be seen so quickly. the IBX repairs and strengthens nails by penetrating the nail so it actually locks inside it whereas the IBX Boost acts more like a correction gel on top of the nail but both are amazing treatments and can be used before applying acrylic, would definitely recommend having a look into it :)

Ah thanks! Will have a look!

Latest posts

Back