Damned weight!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
Sooo, my daughter is 3. I put on 5st while preggers (yes, really)
I was about 13 stone. At 5'1 that was major to me because i've always been around 8st.
When she was 7 months old I left her dad & got down to 9st with the gym 6 days a week and a very strict diet.
I got back with him, and went back up to 12 stone.
I left him for good 8 months ago & im ready to start dating but am totally not confident or comfortable in myself. I literally avoid reflective surfaces.
When i lost it all last time i was on maternity. Now i run my business around working 5 days a week...i dont have time for the gym without taking away the little precious time i have with my litlun.
And i keep starting & giving in with diets! I cant seem to summon the willpower no matter how unhappy i am.

Id just love to know what some of you geeks did...diets, exercise, motivation...general weight loss or empathizing mamas....

Tips, tricks and support!

Sooo, my daughter is 3. I put on 5st while preggers (yes, really)
I was about 13 stone. At 5'1 that was major to me because i've always been around 8st.
When she was 7 months old I left her dad & got down to 9st with the gym 6 days a week and a very strict diet.
I got back with him, and went back up to 12 stone.
I left him for good 8 months ago & im ready to start dating but am totally not confident or comfortable in myself. I literally avoid reflective surfaces.
When i lost it all last time i was on maternity. Now i run my business around working 5 days a week...i dont have time for the gym without taking away the little precious time i have with my litlun.
And i keep starting & giving in with diets! I cant seem to summon the willpower no matter how unhappy i am.

Id just love to know what some of you geeks did...diets, exercise, motivation...general weight loss or empathizing mamas....

Tips, tricks and support!

Hiya sorry to hear that its not nice being comfortable in your own skin :(
My sister works full time and has been doing '30 day shred dvd' aswell as cutting out all the crap she eats.
She lost a stone in 3weeks! Her weight loss has slowed down now obviously but if you're looking for something that doesn't take much time out of your day you could give it a try!
Or have you got a friend you could do weigh in day with?
You can do it! Good luck :) x

Hula hoop! I swear by it ha. It's fun and really good exercise to lose inches. I've been doing it since my daughter was born and her first laugh came when I broke the tv with it :/
Tip for that is to don't do it indoors.

Have you got a wii? There are some really good fitness games for that and you do it all indoors in any room at any time. You could do five minutes in the morning after waking up, a little bit before bed.
Another good trick is to just hold your stomach in. Loads of fitness instructors recommend it because it's one of the best ways to tone your stomach muscles and you can do it whenever.

Diet-wise, have tried those places that send you food? Like diet chef (only name I can remember at the minute), you don't buy any food for yourself you just pay so much per week and they send meals to you. I don't know anyone who's done it but it's good for mums as you don't need to cook too much for yourself or work out calories.

Don't get too caught up on how much you weigh either, muscle weighs more than fat so you're better off going by what you see in the mirror instead of on the scales.

Good Luck :) x

Don't do silly diets :) eat healthy and balanced. Limit to 1 treat day a week. And maybe 1 takeaway day a month.
Get a decent calorie counter app on your phone and use it!! It takes effort at first but once your popular foods are stored you can add meals in a few minutes.
It helps you eat so much better and helps you stop eating when you've had enough!
I use My Fitness Pal on IPhone and swear by it :)
I lost about 4pounds a week. Losing it a bit slower helps keep it off :)
And regular excercise. Gym. Jogging. Wii. I love swimming. It doesn't feel like real excercise until the next day hehe.

I didn't feel comfortable on my skin for ages. And I'm still not as thin as I used to be. But I feel a lot more confident now. Good luck!

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back