Dappen dish when mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamantine

Reaction score
Just wondered what all you mobile techs use when doing L&P?

You always have some liquid left after doing a set and in a salon the techs normally just use it on the next client but mobiles would have to discard it which would lead to higher overheads.

Is there such a thing as a dish that's got a screw top? Or do you just have to discard everytime and deal with the higher cost of more wastage?

Or do you just learn how to dispense the right amount leaving very little wastage?

I use a pipette to measure out the monomer for the set/infills (no waste) and then wipe the dappen dish with tissue paper when finished. Put all used wipes/tissue into a nappy bag and take it home with you to put in the bin.

xxx

If u find a Chinese wholesaler they sell liquid pots with screw lids for £2 , that's what I use x

You should never re use the liquid for another client, well that's what I thought :/ using fresh for each person,

I use a pipette too and just put the waste in a lint free wipe and chuck it in a plastic bag and wipe the pot out.

Thanks ladies.

Whenever I've had my extensions done and refills the tech has always just topped up the Dappen dish.

Hmmm. Think I need to try to learn how much to dispense so I don't have as much wastage. The bottle of monamer I use doesn't have an opening bug enough rouse a puppet.

Once moment monomer is dispencend then had a brush in it a small amount of initiator in the powder gets mixed in. This semi sets the chain reaction off. Causing the monomer to weaken when used later... Effectively, using this monomer later means you are using contaminated liquid that can never perform like fresh monomer...

The advice to use fresh monomer each time is correct and will ensure the best result for each application.

Hope that helps

i am mobile, and use a small dappen dish and pipette. you can re use nail liquid if its still purple and not gone a lilac colour (lilac colours means contaminated)

What!? You never re use monomer on a new client. Never ever! Doesn't matter what colour it is.

i am mobile, and use a small dappen dish and pipette. you can re use nail liquid if its still purple and not gone a lilac colour (lilac colours means contaminated)

My monamer is clear though.

I am getting better a dispensing the right amount for a set though so minimising wastage is getting reduced.

Latest posts

Back