Dark ash blonde for fussy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Prepare for a long post! I have come back on here after around five years off this forum due to a problematic new client,

I have recently gone freelance after 9 years salon based and have my first difficult client being freelance. I am trained with Loreal and Wella however have started dabling in KENRA colours.

So I turned up at her house to her saying you are the fourth hairdresser I am trying now, I hated all the rest. Yep, Its that kind of client.

She has very long hair past the bra line, pre lightened ( looks like pre lightener on roots) however she is swearing she usually has two tones of blonde running through in highlights.

Trying to give you the best image of her hair without putting a picture of her up, Condition of the hair overall isn't bad it just feels naturally quite coarse. I went through the shade charts and explained I could do 2 blondes to 1 slightly darker blonde (she wants ash)

With the pre lightener I will literally just be putting it on the root and not to the ends to maintain that condition of the hair however with regards to the second tone I suggested a 9 base, she said too dark. I then said if she was thinking around a 10 base, she agreed that level was better.

I did try recommend that due to her hair being so light to begin with it wont make that much of a difference, but if its what she wants, I did take a test strand of her hair just to test it as I am worried putting ash on something so light will make it go funky (great term right?)

She doesnt want any gold or so Majirel 9.3 is out of the question, what would you suggest for the second tone? That wont come up khaki.

I would be using loreal, I just need a natural light blonde! and I will be doing half head in baby fine highlights.

I find the moment I have a difficult client my confidence seems to take a knock back.

Thank for reading (went slightly off topic)

Lauren x

What base is she naturally?

What base is she naturally?

Thank you for replying!

Around a 6/7 base

I’ve got 9.31 and 9.13 that I’m thinking about.. I know she’s worried it will come up dark. However a 9 base is not dark.

What do you think?

Sounds like a client I sacked [emoji23]

I would do a bleach and a highlift ? Or does she want a lowlight - get her to send you some pics for clarification

I’m going to see how she is tomorrow, I’m going to take a before and after photo so we shall see!

[emoji12][emoji12]

Good luck, I think I would struggle as my idea of a lowlight is an 8 at least haha

I'll second the last reply. To see any contrast you ideally need an 8 and a 10 if you do this ration 1:2 I wouldn't say it's too dark. I love a 8.13 too x

IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0142.JPG

Tried to take a before and after!

Ended up doing very baby fine 2:1 10.31 xx

Latest posts

Back