Dark blonde with Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekToTheMax

Reaction score
Please help guys...

What colour(s) should I use to get this dark blonde on natural colour 6 (ash light brown). I use Wella. Thank you very much!

Hi,

Are you using Wella koleston perfect or Illumina?

Base 6 has a very warm undercoat, What your clients eye colour light or dark?

You need to determine the percentage of Eumelanin and Pheomelanin that's in the natural base so you can formulate the correct formula...

Both Koleston and Illumina!

I think hazel eyes, very fair skin.

Bleach and retone is going to be your safest option. Anything else will leave you with a lot of warmth.

No, no bleach... That is just too harsh for 2 shades lighter...I'm not doing it to her fine hair :)

Thank you guys...

I don’t think the highlights in that pic are level 8, they’re nearer a 9/10. They need to be at least 2 depths higher otherwise, they’re not a highlight.

Or are you just going for a global colour?

Using a good quality bleach with a low developer wouldn't be any more harsh than using a tint with 40vol essentially?
Think about the technicalities and to what degree the cuticle is opened in both situations. I'm not sure you'll get the result you want to achieve with just tint.

I was thinking a global colour with few highlights around the face...

OK, you are not sure...but if you try, what tint would you use on base 6 whose hair has not yet been dyed...

I was thinking a global colour with few highlights around the face...
OK, you are not sure...but if you try, what tint would you use on base 6 whose hair has not yet been dyed...

No, we’re only trying to explain to you why using bleach with a low vol developer is much better for the hair than tint with a higher developer. Its the developer that causes damage to the cuticle layer, rather than the bleach which works inside the hair shaft. A damaged cuticle layer makes the hair more porous and allows the artificial colour molecules to be washed out and that’s how you end up with a faded colour.

If it was my client, I’d use maybe 8/11 or 9/16 in foils and scatter a few bleach foils around the face and throughout as the highlight, leaving the natural virgin 6 as the lowlight.

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back