Dark brown to magenta red help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem3110

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Im wondering if anyone could possible give me some advice. Just want to clarify that Iv come from skin as Im a spray tanner so not a hairdresser. I did however do about 8 months of training with Toni and Guy about 8 years ago so have a slight!! inkling about hair colour hehe. Im trying to get some opinions before I head to some hairdressers this weekend as people are advising different things and don't want to jump into it.

I would LOVE this pinky red colour in the pic.
I currently have the dark brown hair (other pic) that I colour at home with a box of red and a box of chocolate (just garnier shop boxed one)

I used to have bleached heavily
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1452199826.931196.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1452199845.898422.jpg
highlighted hair so the bottom 1/3 of my hair would have bleached hair under the brown and the rest of the hair is just my natural hair then dyed. I went back to brunette just over a year ago.

Many years ago I did a full head tint with 40 vol and majicontrast magenta red. Worked pretty well but not 'magenta' enough. I was a teenager so didn't think about what would happen if it went wrong!

What would you lovely people recommend to get back to where I was. Some people have said do a full head of bleach?!?! then tint!

Thanks in advance! I hope I have explained this ok!

Gem x

Last edited:
Definitely need to detox your hair or a color remover to get that built up box dye put first.

But I would say it has to be pretty light but I'm sure your hairdresser will have some thoughts about it!
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Claire, I had the same kind of thing in my head too.. X

Ok... Update... I used colour before and full head tint of majicontrast and voila! Perfect! I just mix a little burgundy crazy colour with conditioner once a week! Xx

Ok... Update... I used colour before and full head tint of majicontrast and voila! Perfect! I just mix a little burgundy crazy colour with conditioner once a week! Xx

So you didn't bother going to a hairdresser then? :rolleyes:

you didn't bother going to a hairdresser then? :rolleyes:
She didn't need to AcidPerm, a pro had already told a non pro how to do it herself - devaluing the craft and all the money we spent over the yrs on training.

She didn't need to AcidPerm, a pro had already told a non pro how to do it herself - devaluing the craft and all the money we spent over the yrs on training.
By saying she needs to detox it?
Didn't know that was giving advice on how to do it..? [emoji23]

Didn't know that was giving advice on how to do it..? [emoji23]
Your original post was edited by a Mod - as you'd given the OP a colour formula.

Reactions: KHS
It wasn't a formula I said detox it and have it light enough to put the color on.
Last time I checked I didn't give her exact advice or formula..

It wasn't a formula I said detox it and have it light enough to put the color on.
Last time I checked I didn't give her exact advice or formula..
Sorry, no, You gave a formula.

Reactions: KHS
Didn't know that was giving advice on how to do it..?
emoji23.png
I'm afraid you did and it was edited by a moderator as it's listed clearly in a sticky at the top of this section the rules of this this "Ask a pro" forum

I think it's safe to say this thread can now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back