Dark cherry red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi I’m doing a dark cherry red on a level 6 40% grey client, does anyone have any formulas? I use wella and I’m thinking of using 66/46 and mabe 10 grams of 6/0 & 6% but worried about it going too dark! Can anyone advise please? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 53C27503-9553-48B3-912F-B268EC5F3392.png
    53C27503-9553-48B3-912F-B268EC5F3392.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
From experience I'd say you'd be better using 66/46+ 55/65 for that tone. If the 40% white is evenly distributed then no need for extra base. If the white is concentrated in specific areas then add base. Do a strand test if possible.

From experience I'd say you'd be better using 66/46+ 55/65 for that tone. If the 40% white is evenly distributed then no need for extra base. If the white is concentrated in specific areas then add base. Do a strand test if possible.
Thanks for replying, do you think it will be bright enough or shall I cleanse it first to a level 7. She is a 6/0 @ronray

Thanks for replying, do you think it will be bright enough or shall I cleanse it first to a level 7. She is a 6/0 @ronray
If she doesn't want to be much darker then cleanse it. If she doesn't mind being darker then don't bother but add base with the root tint to even it out

If she doesn't want to be much darker then cleanse it. If she doesn't mind being darker then don't bother but add base with the root tint to even it out
@ronray you always make hair colour sound so easy, thanks so much! Do you think 6% would work also? Honestly I really don’t know what I’d do without your advice 🙏

@ronray you always make hair colour sound so easy, thanks so much! Do you think 6% would work also? Honestly I really don’t know what I’d do without your advice 🙏

If you're not lifting ends first. I'd do 4% on roots for depth and 6% for ends to minimise depth

If you're not lifting ends first. I'd do 4% on roots for depth and 6% for ends to minimise depth
I have no 55/65 in permanent can you recommend the colour touch or will it not last? Help @ronray

I have no 55/65 in permanent can you recommend the colour touch or will it not last? Help @ronray
It wouldn't cover the white hairs as well. Regular colour touch shades only offer 50% coverage

Latest posts

Back