Dark hair fading too quickly and no shine help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa pink

Reaction score
Hi I have a client with approximately 50% grey about base 5/6 that has a colour every 6 weeks. In the summer it’s terrible for fading to golden brown and never looks shiny . If I use an ash will it be too flat any colour suggestions for shine and knocking out the warmth ?? Thank you in advance

Does it look shiny when you’ve just coloured it?
What brand/ tint mix are you using and do you use the matching developer?
Are you carefully re-colouring just the regrowth only, every 6 weeks?
I was initially taught to spray water on and emulsify the tint to refresh the mids/ends but I don’t think this works very well and prefer to use a matching semi or toner to refresh the existing colour. Otherwise, I find it can become quite porous and dull if the hair is long.
Also, is your client using good quality shampoo, conditioner, styling products?

Hi I have a client with approximately 50% grey about base 5/6 that has a colour every 6 weeks. In the summer it’s terrible for fading to golden brown and never looks shiny . If I use an ash will it be too flat any colour suggestions for shine and knocking out the warmth ?? Thank you in advance
I'd maybe look at using a demi permanent. The likes of wella colour touch plus offer up to 70% white coverage. The standard colour touch shades offer up to 50% white coverage. This won't lift the existing darker hair when colouring, which is probably what is going warm in the 6 week period and the fact its fading to a lighter shade, could be that the coverage isn't perfect. Sometimes colours cover, but don't stay long, they start to loose depth and then before you know it you have a band of colour etc...
I have achieved 100% coverage with the darker colour touch plus shades.

Latest posts

Back