Dark to blonde hair probs, need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonfly647

Reaction score
Had a hair colour nightmare and I want to understand what’s gone wrong. Sorry it’s long ...

Naturally dark brown, previously bleached always goes ginger which hairdresser sorts it out. In recent years blonde has grown out and it was getting coloured a dark purple. Decided to go blonde again.

After getting the purple out in first session, 2nd one left a dark blonde mixed with ginger bits - all sorted before Ive left. However, last time the usual hairdresser wasn’t there, her replacement said she would continue the process and I left looking ok but after a few washes the colour faded and Ive been left with white blonde mixed with a dark ginger colour - looked really bad. Visited a different salon to get it sorted. They tried a bleach bath x 2 but it’s done little to reduce the intensity of the ginger.

I’m happy with the final result but I don’t understand why the ginger is still so strong, must have had it bleached 5 times now to no avail. Never had this problem in the past I can only think it’s something to do with that purple colour but I’m not a hairdresser.

Any ideas? Thanks

Latest posts

Back