Dashing Diva, CND Gel Bond and Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StyleBeautiful

Reaction score
Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me in regards to my Dashing Diva nails. I recently purchased the CND Gel Bond Adhesive for my Dashing Divas as I read it was much better than the adhesive supplied in the Dashing Diva kit. Last week a client came back to me as she had lost all of her wraps within a week. I was really surprised as I also use Shellac on top of the wraps in the hope it gives them extra-staying power.

As I have only recently transfered from my DD adhesive to CND it has knocked my confidence a little. With Shellac and my old DD adhesive the wraps were lasting around the 2 week mark.

I don't want to give up on my CND adhesive because for all I know my client could be a real picker, but I just wanted some tips on how best to apply the adhesive. I know this may seem a stupid question, but do you just apply the adhesive straight from the tube onto the nail corners and the inside wrap, or should I invest in a brush (or use my DD brush)?

If anyone can help it would be appreciated - been looking everywhere for the answer, but can't seem to find it.

Thank you, xxx

Hi I use these products all the time and as of yet I have had no complaints,

It could be that you have not applied enough gel bond, I apply mine using an orange wood stick

Hope this helps ;-)

I use DD french wraps too and i did have a couple nails of my own lift and i did pick them off when i first applied DD...what i found was i didn't glue it on properly and cap the free edge enough so everytime i apply DD I make sure it's buffed snug to the nail and then i applied Gelish structure Gel then a coat of Gelish Top it Off, it seems to last good now.

Any nail application will last if applied correctly but also the customer has to take good care too.
If your customer is hard on her nails, it won't help.
I always tell my cusotmers if they have thier hands exposed to bleach ...cleaning chemicals etc , (coz a lot ppl do but don't tell u), then thier manicures won't last how they should, that's not your fault.

Thank you for your help. I've got my next Dashing Diva / Shellac Manicure tomorrow so fingers crossed it goes better.

Fallonst23 - just wondered if you put the glue on some foil, or something first, or apply it straight from the tube onto the orange sticks?

Thanks, Liz x

Fallonst23 - just wondered if you put the glue on some foil, or something first, or apply it straight from the tube onto the orange sticks?

Thanks, Liz x

Hi,

When doing DD or tips I put my gel bond on the back of a hands down pad, then when I finished I wipe any remainder off then turn it over and use it with D'sperse for the tacky layer so I don't waste it!!

H x

This happened to me recently i use sealbond and gelbond. My client somehow or another the nails didnt want to stay stuck on, but me and my therapists kept getting stuck together with the glue!! Nehoo turned out not to be us, but our client informed us prior that she was on medicine. So i think sometimes it can affect the way nails adhere. if that makes any sense, the gelbond is one of the best glues ive used! xoxo

Latest posts

Back