Dashing Diva in supermarkets or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shedunlop

Premium Geek
Reaction score
I was thinking about looking at these at last. I don't do a lot of French manicures but have been asked by several young girls for their proms and thought it might be worthwhile.

Just as I am about to look into ordering I have come across something that says it is in supermarkets for the general public to buy?

I am not stirring up a hornets nest here I just want to know if it is true. Having been stung by Gelish going into Sallys I don't want to stock anything else that they can get next door in Tesco! :mad:

I've seen an advert for a rip off version, it might have been Sally Hansen?

Hi, I haven't heard of this for definite, however they do class it as a semi- professional product so it is quite plausible that they may have found a supermarket outlet for it.
I did a workshop with them and during it they were trying to get me to buy into the full coverage nails they are doing but as nice as they look they are not dissimilar to what you can already buy from a high street shop.
I will watch this with interest.

Sadly for me I have removed them from my treatment list ,
After finding them in my local supermarket !

They have the whole collection not just the DD's and full boxes of colors Inc black also the dashing diva polishes , full cover metalic nals , cuticle removers the gel life (aka dashing diva adhesives including the gel life gels ! Primers , Cleansers , files/ buffers , polishes ,

I took some photos , remember I'm in Germany but it's still with in Europe I'm not that far away!
And this is a normal supermarket selling bread and milk ,

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1309029538.373959.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1309029581.279463.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1309029635.446215.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1309029685.476782.jpg

And the other 2 ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1309030254.408473.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1309030310.862240.jpg

Shocking! :-(

Thanks Mizzy, that's that then, another so called professional product bites the dust! :green:

They have the whole collection not just the DD's and full boxes of colors Inc black also the dashing diva polishes , full cover metalic nals , cuticle removers the gel life (aka dashing diva adhesives including the gel life gels ! Primers , Cleansers , files/ buffers , polishes ,

I took some photos , remember I'm in Germany but it's still with in Europe I'm not that far away!

View attachment 7951View attachment 7952View attachment 7953View attachment 7954

:eek::eek: seems you can get more options in your local supermarket than i can from the suppliers. I gave up on the coloured ones after the first box because everyone wants the same colour and you cant buy them seperately :(

Think they'll be coming off my price list too!!!

I heard (I think somewhere here on SG) that Dashing Divas were being withdrawn from stock at Creative. Looks like this might be why.

Yes S2 have decided to phase these out :green:

Good. Naughty Divas. So pleased i never invested in them!

Oh Dear .. another one bites the dust!

Glad I invest either.

Can't seem to keep anything professional these days..shameful x

What we were told (how true i dont know) was that ellisons and s2 had supposedly lost the contract with dd, and a business based in derby has won the contract as a sole distributor and uses the dd banner (sounds more like a franchise thing to me) but who knows there can be lots a tell tale-ing in business.
The other thing we were told is that they want to raise standards and have their therapists and stockists trained to the highest degree...this however falls flat when they train people who are not even manicure qualified as the case was on a workshop that i attended.

What we were told (how true i dont know) was that ellisons and s2 had supposedly lost the contract with dd, and a business based in derby has won the contract as a sole distributor and uses the dd banner (sounds more like a franchise thing to me) but who knows there can be lots a tell tale-ing in business.
The other thing we were told is that they want to raise standards and have their therapists and stockists trained to the highest degree...this however falls flat when they train people who are not even manicure qualified as the case was on a workshop that i attended.

Not quite correct as always when one listens to industry gossip!!

S2 never wanted to carry the whole line of DD products .. just not good enough quality .. basically only carried the French wraps and the French wraps plus and some of the coloured tips as customers had asked for them. DD naturally wanted someone to carry the whole line of their products and found someone that would. If you want them you can still get them ... personally I'd rather paint a French. Cheaper, quicker and for my clients anyway, longer lasting with Shellac.

View attachment 7951View attachment 7952View attachment 7953View attachment 7954

Thank you for posting these pics. I shall now phase out my D/D too.

Hopefully these companies will start to get the message that if they don't stay professional - we won't be buying!

OMG I actually cant believe that!
I do offer this, i have quite a few clients that love it, so i will continue using it for now. But im actually gonna feel quite bad now when giving this 'professional' service if there gonna be selling it in supermarkets here soon :eek:

its so frustrating, we hear of more and more products being easily available to the general public daily! grrrrrr

Now I'm facing a dilemma of should they stay or should they go?!!! I bought the kit and city lights colour tray not so long ago!!! I've just made pricelists with DD manicure with gel overlay in them, grrrrrrr! I'm just starting up after a break from the industry and I hate the thought of making a costly mistake!!! I don't have money to throw around. Has anyone spoken to DD?

It's bad that you can get them in supermarkets.
But you can also buy polish in supermarkets.
Doesn't mean anyone buying them can do as good a job at using them as a trained professional can.

It's bad that you can get them in supermarkets.
But you can also buy polish in supermarkets.
Doesn't mean anyone buying them can do as good a job at using them as a trained professional can.

Susan, I really respect you but I am so tired of this reasoning that you and others use as an excuse! What you are saying does not make a scrap of difference. We all know that pros do a better job than the consumer and we all know that our businesses are not going under because DD are in supermarkets or because gelish is in Sally's.

What professionals are brassed off about is giving support to products and brands only to have them whipped out from under them and sold direct to the consumer because the manufacturers want to make the big bucks the quickest way and consumer sales are it, and AFTER these brands have used the pros to market the service for them!! :evil:

Professionals are feeling manipulated and USED and they don't like it and why in hell should they support brands that do it to them? No one likes being shafted.

Always been professional only for me and always will be. Soon as S2 saw which way the wind was blowing they dropped DD like a hot potatoe. Never wanted to sell the whole line because the products are low end and really not professioal quality, and to be honest, even DD is for ammateurs in my humble opinion as the reason people use them is largely because they don't have the skill to do a French by hand.

I Don't know how anyone can call themselves a professional if they can't do a French by hand, but there you go. A French is both cheaper and quicker to do by hand and lasts just as long.

I thought it was a cool gimmick for new ones to get going with French, but so many posted how DD's chipped and lifted etc and the longevity of DD is not good .. though some of us managed to make them last longer for our clients than others by using quality products with them like Gel Bond instead of the awful adhesive tha comes with DD's and by using Shellac instead of the gel that comes with the DD's..

I tried DD of course and made a nice result, but actually prefer the look of a hand done French any day. Plus they cost as much as tips and eat up the profit you would make painting a French by hand.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back