Dashing Diva lifting after a few days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolci_Dolittle

Reaction score
Hi guys

Need some advice...

I done a french manicure last week using dashing diva with shellac over it and most of the wraps have lifted off of the nail. This is the second time this has happened (first time just used with polish)

I made sure that each wrap was secure on the nail before putting the shellac over the top of it.

Could it possibly be the dashing diva glue? Thinking about getting gelbond in as i've heard this is better.

I've really reluctant to do dashing diva on clients now and luckily the 2 that i have done so have have been family and friends.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Lauren
xxx

Hi, I too had problems at first as did alot of other geeks.

I definately think you should get gelbond, it does make all the different and when applying put gelbond on both the dd and the natural nail (are you lightly buffing the natural nail before applying the dd?) and make sure there is a little extra adhesive on each end of the dd as this is the place where lifting would occur most. Make sure you take the shine off the dd before applying shellac then if you really want to make sure apply two top coats.

For any other tips join the DD lovers group on here.

Hope this helps hun, dont give up they really are great

Heather x

Hi, I've just got some gelbond to try, what's the best way to apply it to the DD, squeeze straight from the tube or put it on a piece of foil and apply with a brush. Because it's thicker than normal resin (glue) finding it a bit fiddly. Any advice would be great:lol:

Squeeze gently straight from the tube, it tends to keep on coming out a little after so leave it on a piece of foil or similar while you are using it. When you are finished wipe the end and screw the lid back on really tight.

Thanks will give it a go:hug:

Latest posts

Back