Dashing Diva - Virtual Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunsation

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone else tried these or had a good experience or anything to share about this product? I read some good reviews about the "Virtual Nails" by the Dashing Diva nail salon chain before I tried it myself. Unfortunately, while I loved the look and that they were temporary, the technician did not fit them right (the nails were too small) and in less than two weeks, they were lifting a bit I had mildew under my natural nails. Removing the nails at home required a couple hours of soaking and still shredded my nails and came close to damaging my nail beds. Very bad experience!

These are advertised as a natural looking alternative to acrylics without the odor and an option for easy removal. They are supposed to last at least two weeks and not be damaging to your nails.

Anyone had a positive experience with this product?

here we go with the press ons again:irked:

Hi there

The same thing as the Prescription Nails here....
Great if fitted/sized correctly & explained that they are temporary - not to be re glued - removed after 2 / 3 weeks

HtH
XX J XX

Sound similar to the GO-30 nails we have here in Bris-vegas. The hairdresser in the salon I'm working in won't wear anything else. She has a new set put on every two weeks. She says it takes 5 mins to soak off and less than 30 minutes she has a new set applied and polished and is out of the salon. Her hands are constantly in water and has never had a problem with them. The previous Nail tech at the salon changed all clients over to the Go-30's then left and took all the clients with her. We are slowly building up acrylic and gel clients again, but I still get people asking me If I can do the Go-30's.(which I can't).

OOhh - tell me more about these and the go 30 nails!

never heard of them!

it's for the talentless nail tech that wants to take the easy way out and doesn't require any respect,
......................they are stick on nails,
just like at the chemist, only 120 sizes.
just google the brandnames.

it's for the talentless nail tech that wants to take the easy way out and doesn't require any respect,

OMG - tried these stick on nails once and hated them so much i took them straight off! - wont be trying those.

I suspect that you don't like these much then !:rolleyes:

Thanks for the responses. You're absolutely right about them being the same as go-30's and prescription nails. I googled them and they all use the same marketing materials and charts. LOL.

Any idea why my nail bed turned green in just over a week with these and how to prevent that?

Thanks for the responses. You're absolutely right about them being the same as go-30's and prescription nails. I googled them and they all use the same marketing materials and charts. LOL.

Any idea why my nail bed turned green in just over a week with these and how to prevent that?

the reason for this is.... because press on nails are not properly tailored to the contours or your own nails, they are produced in a factory in a moulding process. every ones nail shape differs and the factory designed tips cannot properly accomodate this. so when they are glued to your nail plate, the chances are that they are not an exact fit to the profile of your personal nail shape. this leads to areas of the nail that trap air and ultimately moisture. bacteria love a cosy home like this and the green stain is a result of them defacating on your nail:irked: . one thing that can help prevent this is the use of a gel glue which has gap filling properties. but ultimately the real answer is to go to a professional who can sculpt a tailor made set that is custom fitted for you and you alone.

:eek:
When they are glued on, there will be a space for moisture to seep under the stick on. This will then provide a nice warm moist place for bacteria to feed and grow... making your NAIL PLATE not BED green. Really these should not stay on for more than 24 hrs and should be removed carefully or you will rip layers of your nail plate off.
Over all, if you want nail enhancements, have a proper set applied by a fully trained technician.... thus avoiding greenies. They will last longer, look nicer and will not ruin your natural nails.
hth

they probably need at least 3 trading names to fool as many people as possible, also do dodge/distance themselves from bad comments, like the original post re: greenies .

I had never heard of these Go-30 nails until I left Noosa and arrived in Brisbane to work, but recently we went to country N.S.W and in a small place like Wagga wagga I saw 3 salons advertising them. Is This something that has started in the southern states?

Latest posts

Back