Dating sites?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any "good" dating sites other than POF?

I've been on and off for probably 3 years now and it's driving me crazy! I went on a date on Thursday, I didn't think he liked me which was fair enough but then he asked me for a second date and we went out Sunday evening (valentines as well I know)! I haven't heard from him since so am assuming he's not interested. I am fed up of meeting guys on POF and either me not liking them and them turning into complete weirdos and stalkers or me liking them and never hearing from them again :( - violins please :p xx

I'm almost at that point :-/

We should start a new dating site for those who've given up. I am always a bit dubious about match.com and paying for it because most of them also have Pof too. I'm just hoping I meet someone decent in aldi lol by the biscuit section loooool

We should start a new dating site for those who've given up. I am always a bit dubious about match.com and paying for it because most of them also have Pof too. I'm just hoping I meet someone decent in aldi lol by the biscuit section loooool

Haha sounds like a good idea! I'm exactly the same, everyone I know that's in relationships say "go on a paid one at least you know them people are sincere" yes and they are all on POF/Tinder etc! I hate the "you'll find someone when you least expect it"...well I don't expect to meet someone on the walk to work or at the supermarket and it doesn't happen haha! How funny...both reaching for the last pack of custard creams!

I met my boyfriend on tinder!!! Bloody tinder! And we've been together a year and a half! I found a good one :D

I've tried pof, match and badoo and wouldn't recommend any! Anyone I found was dating lots of people at the same time or married. I had a 2 year relationship and a recent shorter one that started on badoo but same old story and found out he was still online chatting others up while he was seeing me. It's like kids in a sweetie shop!

Oh god you've filled me with dread I'm going on my first ever POF date this evening. [emoji30] xx

I'm so nervous by the way-not told anyone really as I'm so frightened eeeeek xx

Oh god you've filled me with dread I'm going on my first ever POF date this evening. [emoji30] xx

Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!x

Oh no!!! Sorry lol. The dates are the fun bit [emoji4]

Haha I will let you know how it goes xxx

It's what you make of it. All dating sites are basically the same, and have the same people on them. I met my current and former SO on PoF. Coming up on five years currently, and the one before was four years. I enjoyed meeting people online. You have to be a good judge of people though. You can meet a creep anywhere:at church, a bar, grocery store etc.

I met my boyfriend on Eharmony. We've been together over 2 years now. I know a few people who have done well out of it. Went on a couple dates first and they were nice just no spark. Only 1 weirdo so not bad lol. I'd recommend it.

Good luck on your date. You'll be fine, just enjoy yourself. If you like eachother great, if not you've had a night out xx

I met my Partner on a online pool game lol - 10 years later and 2 children!

Haha sounds like a good idea! I'm exactly the same, everyone I know that's in relationships say "go on a paid one at least you know them people are sincere" yes and they are all on POF/Tinder etc! I hate the "you'll find someone when you least expect it"...well I don't expect to meet someone on the walk to work or at the supermarket and it doesn't happen haha! How funny...both reaching for the last pack of custard creams!

Exactly.. I can just see it.. We both glare up.. our hands are touching slightly.. His holding the left side of the custard creams mine the right side.. Time stops he is the custard I am the cream.. [emoji57] ( u can see where this is going )

The only ones I've heard are any good at all are match and eharmony because they match you to someone like you. However I think the old fashioned way of going out and meeting people is always a good way. Maybe organise a monthly girls night out with your friends even ones who aren't single can come. Go to some bars and network with people, you never know who you may run into! Xx

I have tried POF and Badoo but I don't want to be shallow but absolutely hideous looking men 'like' or 'match' me. Which brings my confidence down. I don't think I'm a bad looking girl. But when o look at the guys who fancies me I mustn't be as much of a hotty as I thought.

Love Tinder. But I think I just like to swipe hot or not!

I tried Happn for a week. I didn't like it. I was sat in my house and I 'crossed paths' with someone. I didn't like that if you found a weirdo he could probably work out where you live/work etc.

It's got to the point where I've made a deal with a friend, so in getting married in 11 years if were both single.

And I also saw an attractive guy working in a local shop. And I know someone who works there so found out who he is. I sent him a message on Facebook. But he's not seen it now. I'm wondering whether it's creepy to add him on FB

I think I'm happier this way lol I do however have an app for buying pets and have my eye on a Persian white fluffy cat

Latest posts

Back