Daughters hair disasters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry's Nails

Reaction score
Hi there,
My daughter is nearlly 16, and for the past 12 months she has been colouring her hair with home colouring kits (against my wishes). :irked:
She has dark blonde hair naturally, but after (I cant remember how many different colours), her hair is now a dull washed out dark brown. She wants to dye it blonde again now, but does not beleive me that it cant be done at home.
I have taken her to speak to my hairdresser, of whom, is always helpfull with advice, but my daughter (being a typical teenager) wants to do it herself.
Is there any advice anyone out there can give me, anything would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kerry

Hi ask your daughter to go along to the hairdressers and ask the hairdresser to do some blonde test pieces on her hair .

This will show your daughter what the condition of the hair will be like afterwards , what colour it will turn out , and whether or not she can have it done,

Hair will only take so much processing and shop bought colour can be a lot more harsh than salon ones :hug: x minky

teenage daughters eh !!...(i have this to look forward to).....i think a threat might be needed here...."what would you rarther....do it yourself and risk your hair snapping off at the roots...or go hairdressers and get it sorted properly"

She really could end up with it breaking off....and then you will have a very unhappy teenager on your hands...:lol:

best of luck x

Why not get the hairdresser to put her some blonde highlighters in it and then as the condition becomes better she can have more added until she has blonde hair. I know she will not want this and want it blonde like now lol but do tell her that frizzy snapped off hair just isnt fasionable:)

I done this at home, and my hair literally went bright orange. i had no idea it would do this.
so i had to dye it back to dark brown .
straight away i might add:eek:

my mate Kerry had been blond for about 15 years and thought she would save some money and do her own roots. all appeared to be well, the colour at the roots lifted, she leaned over the bath and started rinsing and as she ran her hand over her hair, it came out in clumps:green: sorry shouldn't laugh but it was funny, all these blond waves that she was so proud of just came out and left her with about a half inch of straw like stubble.
There is a reason for prof work costing more. But a word of advise, from the mum of an ex rebellious teenager, the more you say don't, its wrong, the more she will. I went so far as to buy my daughter her tongue bar and when I found she had blue hair dye, I asked her if I could help so that it wasn't patchy. She's one of my best friends now and thats priceless.

:green: sorry shouldn't laugh but it was funny, all these blond waves that she was so proud of just came out and left her with about a half inch of straw like stubble.
There is a reason for prof work costing more. But a word of advise, from the mum of an ex rebellious teenager, the more you say don't, its wrong, the more she will. I went so far as to buy my daughter her tongue bar and when I found she had blue hair dye, I asked her if I could help so that it wasn't patchy. She's one of my best friends now and thats priceless.

LOL - thanks for all your responses - I will now make Kait read all this so she understands that she IS way out of her depth and its time to consult professionals
Have a great day ladies

Latest posts

Back