Day courses / distance learning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracy83

Reaction score
Has anyone done a day course or short intense course...if so what in and how do you feel about working on people?
Are you going on to get a higher qualification from it or what qualification to you get out of it....
The reason i ask is that i have done a 5 day intense course involving, manicure/pedicure, nail enhancements, facial massage/skincare, waxing, lash & brow tinting and shaping and feel confident in doing this on people and have done alot of clients so far........i have all my notes and all that is required to know for each section, e.g, anatomy, contra indications, aftercare etc which i am learning in my own time....and am also building up a portfolio so i can get my city and guilds qualification, bearing in mind my trainer said i can work with my diploma as long as i get insurance..

Just wanted to know how any one else felt after theior training and views as i feel a little alone where alot of people are saying it gove therapists a bad name when some of us are doing short courses when they are spening 2 year training.

Hi Tracey, Many years ago, short/intensive courses were not available, and so people had to go to college and study for 2/3years. Which is the right thing todo, but its not practical for everybody, especially if you are older with a family and wish to learn nail/beauty. College is great for people that are about to leave school or those that can afford/time to attend.

And I think with anything in life, practice makes perfect. As long as you are being safe, watching out for contraindication and hygiene. And continue with learning. And receive advice/support/knowledge from this site.

Its also good for therapist (either from college/short courses), who already work in the area, to be able to go and do a 1/5 day course, and add that to their knowledge.

If you are doing a good/clean services, be proud that you have learnt your new skills, at the end of the day, you will have paid quiet alot of money for your course and gaining your certificate.

Enjoy your new job

Thanks for your advise. its nice to feel a little positivity from it. you are right though. i know the hygiene procedures, contra indications, whats right and whats wrong etc etc its just learning the anatomy side of things but i wouldnt go out in to the big wide world until i knew everything inside out anyway as i would appear un proffesional and wouldnt get anywhere if i could answer anything i was asked.

Latest posts

Back