Day with Samantha Biddle !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
What an amazing day I had yesterday,
I did write a little in my blog last night, I was too poorly to write a full post,

anyway, as promised I am going to post my pictures and tell a little bit more about the day,
Also my daughters pictures, as she had a go today :green:

Most of my feelings about the day are in my blog , I know quite a few of you don't venture over to the blogs, so I'll write here too,

Everyone there was lovely,
We played a game, I won a copy of the new Sam Biddle DVD wooooooohoooooooooo I cannot wait to get my mits on that let me tell you !

We were set a task to do....I wont go into too much detail, dont want to spoil it for anyone else attending an event lol,

But In this one day I have totally learned how to open my mind and look for inspiration,...
Sam has a way of explaining things that make it all so clear,
Lots of things she said...we all understood straight away as we have all been there...

Ill explain my themed nail to you,
I was sat in my car during lunch break...thinking hmmmmm...what can I do..

Then you know them eye opening moments..where its like something has just jumped out at you....well I saw one lonely feather sticking to a tree..
so like a complete muppet, I jumped out of the car...ran over to this feather before it blew away...and grabbed it !!!!!

That was the begining of my theme , heaven scent (one of the options given to us)
this old couple were stood by looking at me like I had just escaped from the looney bin !

We then created our nails...with lots and lots of help from sam,
She spent time with us individualy..giving out so many hints and tips...my poorly head was ready to burst lol,
lots of demo's,

The main thing for me was that she has taught me how to get past the mental block that I have when I really want to create something, but have no idea how,

Like Sam said too..
Why create fantasy designs ? many reasons...It helps you to become familiar with your products, which is so true,
It stands you out from all the other techs...
people will be more likely to come to you, as they know how capable you are,
Ok so they may not want a full on fantasy nail....But they still know how skilled you are,

I would strongly advise anyone thinking of booking onto a Sam course of any kind to DO IT !
You will love every minute,
The day although hard work , was so much fun,

It will improve your business, I always have people saying things like "oh you have too much time on your hands to be doing stuff like that "
or
"why do you waste time doing things no one is ever going to have"

well now I realise I am not WASTING my time....I am improving my skills..
every single time I pick up my brush , no matter what I am doing with it,

For the first time in a VERY long time (as many of you know)
I woke up today and couldnt wait to get out of bed..
I came down, tidied up, and got all my kit out lol,

Get your bums booked on a course if you can...worth every penny, and more,...
Some of the girls there had never done any form of 3d work before, one lady hadnt done nails for 12 months...
and each and everyone of them created an amazing nail (or 2 lol )

I'd like to say a big public thankyou to...
Sam Biddle ...for an amazing day ...AND FOR MAKING ME DRIVE ON THE MOTERWAY ON MY OWN FOR THE FIRST TIME ....(thats how worth it i thought you were lol, i was petrified :green:)

Caroline Hickey ..(aka abserlotuly fab!) For orginising the event and the games and just being the little love that you are...:hug:

and Amber Gibbons....for attending and suppling some goodies for prizes .:lol:

God that was a speech and a half lol,
But I knew you all wanted to hear about how it went so there ya go...xxxx

http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1033

http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1034

http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1035

heres my daughters go x
http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1036

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a ball,
i am twiddling my fingers now waiting for your up load lol :lol:

Emma sounds like you had a fantastic time and I cant wait to see the piccies now.

God emma, you have just inspired me and your words (or sams) make total sense.

Cant wait to see you nails and well done you for going on the motorway. No stopping you now!

OMG, I am lovin the parrot!!! Welldone hun, glad you had such a fab day!

I cant wait to go on my day to Cardiff!! Whoop whoop!!

xxxxxxx:hug:

Not only does it sound like you have had a fab day it sounds like you have been truly inspired :D

Jess
xox

Wow is all I can say, all that from a feather floating across a car park.
They're fantastic hun x

i think all that attended learned more than nails. Design fantasy is very much indivaidual interpretation of a theme or thought or what ever. There are no rules and many learnt how to relesase this inner creative side. From an educator point of view it was nice to observe many of the people i know and msot defiatly see them working "in there world". Sam is allways a pleaseure to be with and we dont ofter get to work with each other , so for me i learnt alot more about my students and have a clear path for there next level this was only the start of the jorney................ x

Thanks guys for making the day such fun , you r what makes my job the best in the world x

Wow is all I can say, all that from a feather floating across a car park.
They're fantastic hun x
you have to be in" emmas world "to of seen where she came from. We all have our own world for thought and inpisation , this is where the designs start.

Wow, fabby pics Emma, sounds like a totally inspirational day :hug:

ahhh wow,
sounds like you had a fab day and i'm glad you were well enough to attend.....sounds like it was every inspiring.....would love to attend one some day. I think i am a long way off being able to do anything like that yet, lol :).

Lovely Em:hug: I'm to much of a scaredy cat..........for now:green:

Sounds like you had such a fabulous day Emma and the rest of the girls on the course....I've never really been one for the fantasy work, but today as an Educator, continuing her journey, I spent the day with Sam to help me take my skills to the next level and boy have they been bucked up....this fantasy work will also translate into my design work.

I agree with you Emma.....I pride myself in my pink and whites......but I have been taken right outside of my box and 'my world' is looking quite different today from yesterday! :hug:

Well, my mouth just fell open when I saw the pictures, Emms, absolutely beautiful.

Fab work Ems :hug: You have fired me up now can't wait for my march class :)

awww thankyou,
And I really don't think anyone wants to be in emmas world lmao, its too confusing !!!

I have not stopped today,
I have had 3 clients, but inbetween them have played and played........and played a bit more lol,

Its so true about all the playing also gives you more product control,
I did the best rebalance ever today lol,
It all just went into place lovely,

I am chuffed at the moment lmao ..can you tell ! :green:

Sounds like you had such a fabulous day Emma and the rest of the girls on the course....I've never really been one for the fantasy work, but today as an Educator, continuing her journey, I spent the day with Sam to help me take my skills to the next level and boy have they been bucked up....this fantasy work will also translate into my design work.

I agree with you Emma.....I pride myself in my pink and whites......but I have been taken right outside of my box and 'my world' is looking quite different today from yesterday! :hug:
youwork was fantastic, i say past tense was.................... !! mY nhusband came in from work and put his folder on top of the perfect floweres butterflys ( that u had worked on alll day )and yes squashed them ! we all jumped up and said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! i am so sorry cathy xx

omg !!! they are amazing hun :hug: i am sooo gutted i couldnt go , am deffo going on the next one:green: i doubt i could manage anything remotley like that though but would love to have a bash
well done to all who attended & to the ez flow team for putting together such good days :green:

I am sooooo glad you enjoyed it and conquered your fear of motorways. the pictures look fab!

omg !!! they are amazing hun :hug: i am sooo gutted i couldnt go , am deffo going on the next one:green: i doubt i could manage anything remotley like that though but would love to have a bash
well done to all who attended & to the ez flow team for putting together such good days :green:
this was a sam biddle work shop and open to all levels and all brands, i enjoyed very much hosting this eventx

Well I just read your post Caroline about what your husband did to the butterfly,

Well my daughter did the same last night..
She picked up my tropical theme nail....and BROKE IT :eek:, then got the nervous giggles...dropped it and broke it even more !!!!

I was sat with a look of horror on my face...my daughter and sister were laughing their heads off...I wanted to KILL !!!

Those nails were my babies lol...

I am going to have a go of a butterfly soon,
after seeing how lovely nikka's (hope I spelt that right ?)
was on the day ,
I have done very basic butterflys once ages ago
...Now I want to see how much I have come on since then...so watch this space ,
Even if they turn out rubbish I will still be brave and post them :eek: :lol:

Latest posts

Back