Daylight brand UV curing lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alchemist

Reaction score
Uh oh another lamp question, sorry! :o

Would just really like to know what this lamp is for. As all brands of UV gels and polishes I have seen have a lamp that goes with them I wonder what products this lamp is supposed to be used with? It says "This 36Watts UV lamp from Daylight™ is compatible with ALL quality UV gel systems" but I'm not really sure what that means. Are there brands that just sell the gels but no lamp? I don't want to buy it I already have my Master It! one on it's way, I'm just curious.

I did a search can't find anything specific as to what products work in this lamp, a lot of posts about which gels don't work in this lamp though. On a sidenote I see a lot of posts with confusion about wattage. If wattage does not matter as much as UV output why is the UV output not listed in lamp specifications rather than wattage? Is there a reason the companies don't give out this information? Or they do and I've missed it?

Last edited:
It's the gel manufacturers than need to work out what lamp is appropriate rather than the lamp manufacturers (if you see what I mean?).

You are right about the wattage issue but the UV output is a more complicated question. For example, LED UV has a narrower spectrum than a UV tube so they will not work if the gels photoinitiator doesn't react well with this output. UV tubes have a much wider spectrum.

There is also the distance between the nails and the bulbs/tubes and the amount that is reflected. This is for a gel manufacturer to determine as they should know their formulations.

I think it is wrong and misleading of lamp manufacturers to say that it works with ALL gels as it doesn't. It will work with a lot of generic gels though. There are actually very few genuine manufacturers as 1 will make for many, many brands.

It's always best to take the advice of the gel brand rather than the lamp manufacturer.

Does that explain it a bit??

Yeah that was great thanks for taking the time. :biggrin: I too thought it was a bit misleading but they make it ambiguous using the word quality so I guess it's okay. Good to learn something new.

Latest posts

Back