Dealing with coarse wiry hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutopaz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a few clients, including my aunty, with that very coarse wiry hair, and was wondering what other ideas you guys have as to how to handle this kind of hair,

is there particular cutting techniques u like to use, or favorite products etc? look forward to hearing them, thanks peeps :)

i have thick coarse hair, but its not curly, its just frizzy!

i started using Joico Silk Results for coarse hair, its fab. But recently i used Original source tea tree and mint shampoo and conditioner, it seems even better!!!

i also like indola serum. i think its indola anyway!

i really like s factor serious conditioner, slam it on and leave for 5 minutes and rinse, it shud be more manageable. . i also use superficial and superstar blow dry lotion, both tigi, this makes hair more manageable and glossy too. . when i am dealing with really thick hair i just take into consideration the natural texture of the hair, what the client wants and try and come to a solution, i always find over thinning or texturising just isnt good for thick course hair, it ends up being ratty looking at the ends and bulbous at the top, never a good look. . my aunts hair is really curly and i mean REALLY lots of hair, and she used to try and fight nature and dry it str8 and it is bleach white, i took control and spoke her round into trying to work with what she has instead of fighting it and now she has blow dried loose curls, and it suits her much better . . so my fave advice is try and work with the nature of the hair and not wage war against it. . x

i find its better not to thin the hair ,no matter how much it needs it! its cos the shorter hairs spring up and kind of provide a pad for the longer hairs to sit on -making it look bigger and more frizzy on the ends . Pomade pomade pomade
sorry i just read scottydollys reply he said same thing sorry sd

Last edited:
thanks for ur replys guys,

I am always telling my clients not to fight it, best to go with what uv got, im not one for thinning or texturizing that kind of hair, i actually find very thick coarse hair sits better in a plain and simple one length cut, good cond. treatment and a nice serum.

the overall census so far is to stick with that, but if theres anyone else with miracle products or another fav haircut they like to do on this let us all know!!

thanks again guys!!

Latest posts

Back