Dealing with negative comments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sashafierce

Reaction score
Iv been in beauty for 18 years, 8 alone. Last night I had a comment which iv tried to brush off as ' I dont care' but iv been up all night thinking about it so quite clearly I do care!!!

Now I'm a big girl and if it was regarding work on one of my clients I'd understand and iv always said any problems I'll put right just tell me and iv always worked this way; I'd hate someone to leave my salon unhappy.

I was uploading nail photos and had a lady just write 'crap' I wasn't going to comment but thought no I cant so I thanked her for her thought and apologised telling her I'd try better tomorrow and to have a lovely evening.

She said she could do better herself and would never let me do her nails. What I actually wanted to say I seriously has to stop myself.

For one I felt it was rude, maybe a comment like these are not my style or maybe no comment at all ‍♀️

My next question ... how do you react to this kind of comment...

If I’ve understood your post correctly, this horrible comment was from someone you have never met?

There are some people in this world unfortunately who just get a kick out of being nasty while safely hiding behind social media . You get to recognise their names on community fb pages as they do it regularly.

My advice is to block this person, don’t engage further as that is what they love. Try to delete the comment. It might go once you block her anyway, I can’t remember the specifics.

This is nothing to do with you personally. If you have loads of returning clients then they are all happy so keep going with what you’re clearly good at.

Oh you are so unhappy with one hurtful remark. She is so mean and rude!!
Was she a regular client or a one off?
Delete and if you are on a public forum hopefully some of the genuine clients may "gang" up and come out in full suppoet of you I know i would.

Yeah delete it and she is so rude, bet she would never say it to your face.
that’s her opinion and these people get a kick out of being nasty, don’t take it to heart, I know if difficult but I am sure your nails are fabulous x

I would not let it dishearten you. I just very recently had someone leave a 2 star google review, who for one I've never met & two they've never been to my salon. Left no comment just left a 2 star review, i stewed all night about it, as @CFBS said they're people out there who get a kick out of this

Iv been in beauty for 18 years, 8 alone. Last night I had a comment which iv tried to brush off as ' I dont care' but iv been up all night thinking about it so quite clearly I do care!!!

Now I'm a big girl and if it was regarding work on one of my clients I'd understand and iv always said any problems I'll put right just tell me and iv always worked this way; I'd hate someone to leave my salon unhappy.

I was uploading nail photos and had a lady just write 'crap' I wasn't going to comment but thought no I cant so I thanked her for her thought and apologised telling her I'd try better tomorrow and to have a lovely evening.

She said she could do better herself and would never let me do her nails. What I actually wanted to say I seriously has to stop myself.

For one I felt it was rude, maybe a comment like these are not my style or maybe no comment at all ‍♀️

My next question ... how do you react to this kind of comment...
Delete her comment and move on.

Latest posts

Back