Death/critical care insurance covering self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma84

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any companies that offer death / critical care life insurance but also cover the self employment aspect aswell ( I know that sounds bizarre ) I did have insurance that paid out if I was hospitalised but had to be kept in for min 3 days, also paid out on death or critical care but they went into liquidation and although it's an area most ppl dont like to talk about I like to be organised & prepare as much as possible for the future
( must sort a pension soon lol ) just wondered if anyone had or knew of any goods ones before I trawl the inter web x

Hi I work for an insurance brokers who offer all kinds of insurance. Where abouts are you? Xx

Can anyone recommend any companies that offer death / critical care life insurance but also cover the self employment aspect aswell ( I know that sounds bizarre ) I did have insurance that paid out if I was hospitalised but had to be kept in for min 3 days, also paid out on death or critical care but they went into liquidation and although it's an area most ppl dont like to talk about I like to be organised & prepare as much as possible for the future
( must sort a pension soon lol ) just wondered if anyone had or knew of any goods ones before I trawl the inter web x

I can't help you, but I'm thinking at least I'm not the only one preparing for my death! I'm only 20, I have paid for my funeral plot, got my funeral organised and paying that monthly and got my life insurance sorted! Although they don't pay out unless I die when I'm over 40 :/ try looking up life insurances online. Xxx

Medway, Kent x

I can never understand paying for the funeral prior the money is just taken from the estate for most. Although I suppose if you have no savings or assets it might be a good idea say if you lived in a rented home and no savings. Financially it is not the most cost effective. This is only my personal point of you but this death policy, surely you die you if you die with enough assets and not up to your eyeballs in debt these policies are worthless. Your will is probably more important as that way the beneficiary can empty accounts even with large sums £60k and more with no solictors just a copy of the will and a passport. You can then negotiate a better price with a solictors from completing the estate.Interesting though.

Medway, Kent x

Brill I am based in Herne Bay and we also have an office in Gillingham! Give our gillingham office a call on Monday on 01634 360000 and they should be able to help you. Let me know how you get on :) xx

Lovely thank you I shall give them a call x

I can never understand paying for the funeral prior the money is just taken from the estate for most. Although I suppose if you have no savings or assets it might be a good idea say if you lived in a rented home and no savings. Financially it is not the most cost effective. This is only my personal point of you but this death policy, surely you die you if you die with enough assets and not up to your eyeballs in debt these policies are worthless. Your will is probably more important as that way the beneficiary can empty accounts even with large sums £60k and more with no solictors just a copy of the will and a passport. You can then negotiate a better price with a solictors from completing the estate.Interesting though.

I did this because I got diagnosed with heart failure, if I go I don't want my family to pay up. My life insurance the only way I could get it because I have been diagnosed is if they pay out after I'm 40. I do have two properties but I live with my mum currently (health reasons) but they have mortgages (not massive mortgages) so when I die the executors of my Will will be responsible for my mortgage and properties, with the life insurances in place this is enough to clear the mortgages in full and have left over cash, if I die before my family will have no funeral costs and be able to upkeep the properties (currently let out which covers the mortgage payments and more) I don't think there is anything wrong with planning for after you die. The last thing you want is your family and friends stuck with funeral costs which is expensive AND manage all your finances pay your mortgages etc until the property sells, pay for solicitor costs etc. I'm fully planned and prepared. Also my funeral is paid monthly at a fixed cost so if I go and everything has doubled in price I still get it for the set cost. :) xxx

Latest posts

Back