Decent Hair Pictures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetcorn1

Reaction score
Does anyone know any magazines or websites that have decent hair style pictures for "REAL" people.

I get Hair and Your Hair magazines which are great for younger clients but I can never find pictures for women older than say 40.

I was recently looking for new styles for a customer in her mid to late 50's and I spent hours looking, only to find a few which weren't really that exciting.

I find it a bit insulting to the client when they ask to look at a hair magazine and all the styles are on models in their early 20's and to be honest most of the styles are either impractical for everyday life or impossible for clients to recreate at home.

:grr:

Can anyone help as this has been driving me mad for months and months!!!

Come on guys has no body got any suggestions?

I fnd the same problem. Everything is geared towards that sweet young face of the 20's.
Let me try and remember there is a book out there that I saw that had older womens styles , color and cuts in it only.

Alright..i finally remembered it..Inspire

This company does have books on all ages, male and female.

I too find that a problem.

I have always thought that there is a gap in the market for a hair magazine that is aimed at us annually
challenged ladies:lol: :lol:

Lmao Jac !

I personally don't think it's a problem :!:

What ever age a client is,let's face it even if they come in with a pic of a style they love,we have to adapt it to suit their hair, face and lifestyle anyway :D

Lmao Jac !

I personally don't think it's a problem :!:

What ever age a client is,let's face it even if they come in with a pic of a style they love,we have to adapt it to suit their hair, face and lifestyle anyway :D

Yeah Becki I get what you are saying and we can all adapt styles to suit clients, thats our job.:rolleyes:

I was speaking on behalf of the customers. They do not have the skills and imagination we do to look at pictures and adapt them in our minds eye to suit themselves. They need visual aids and would it not make it easier for them to look at a style on a lady of similar age to them, than one thats the same age as say their daughter/granddaughter?

I think it would.

I find this problem all the time also, especially if you have been in this business and have a "older" clientele. They look at the young face and say.."I can't wear that , it is for the young people, look at how young she is in the picture"
They just don't get it that the styles are for young and older. Just because you are over 40 doesn't mean you have to have a roller set style.

But on the other side of the fence I do have the 80 year olds who look at the short straight spikey look and want it but expect it to stay all week until they come back in and have it shampooed and styled again..I just have to shake my head at those ones.:rolleyes:

Yeah Becki I get what you are saying and we can all adapt styles to suit clients, thats our job.:rolleyes:

I was speaking on behalf of the customers. They do not have the skills and imagination we do to look at pictures and adapt them in our minds eye to suit themselves. They need visual aids and would it not make it easier for them to look at a style on a lady of similar age to them, than one thats the same age as say their daughter/granddaughter?

I think it would.

:D It's also our job to make the client is aware that they will not get exactly what they see in the pic,and therefore the pic is only used as inspiriation.

So it wouldn't make a difference what age the model is as the style she is wearing is just a starting point.

This also prevents clients from expecting exactly what they see on the pages of our mags

Eg.

The next diectory uses young models,however some of the clothing is for the older lady if you like it you'll buy it reagrdless of the age of the model

:D It's also our job to make the client is aware that they will not get exactly what they see in the pic,and therefore the pic is only used as inspiriation.

So it wouldn't make a difference what age the model is as the style she is wearing is just a starting point.

This also prevents clients from expecting exactly what they see on the pages of our mags

Eg.

The next diectory uses young models,however some of the clothing is for the older lady if you like it you'll buy it reagrdless of the age of the model

Yes as I said in my last post I get your point but I bet if you asked your older customers whether they would prefer to look at a young model or a model their own age I could put money on their answer!!!

Does Evans use size 6 models?

I don't think so. That would be an insult to plus size ladies to show clothes aimed at them on skinny models would it not:!:

So why is hairdressing any different? ANSWER it is not. And my point is, does it not make more sense to have a magazine with all ages of models as we all have clients of all ages.

Anything to help aid clients and stylists is surely a good thing.

So I'm guessing seeing as JDs is the only one to actually reply with a helpful post then nobody else has any suggestions or has the same problem.

Thanks for the help and support JDs. x

Latest posts

Back