Deciding between Shellac and Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you remove the shine first?
D solve should be fine.
X

I must admit I still struggle with Gelish removal - I agree D solve works just as well as harmony's remover.
I've tried removing the shine, heat etc but it does not compare with Shellac's removal :(
If the clients nails are dry to start with then it's even harder to get off.
Using cuticle oil makes a huge difference to removal but it's still hard.
I don't remove the shine before Gelish application either as it makes no difference to how well it lasts. X

I started with CND Shellac and do love this product. I've just introduced Gelish too as some amazing colours. I personally can't get the wear out of shellac on myself (I've tried everything) but Gelish is great for me, so thought it would be nice to run these products alongside each other as everyone is different and not one product suits all x

Morgan Taylor are the complimentary polish range though, not all that jazz. In the US they do duo boxsets of Gelish/MT.

The matching MT polish to gossip girl is sitting pretty.

Just my opinion but atj branding is pretty unappealing & the amount of offers harmony run on this range leads me to believe they struggle to shift it. Very high price points also.

To be honest as soon as I open the mani & pedi products my clients fall in love with the scents and the fab results after their treatments - packaging isn't an issue.
I'm mobile though so my things aren't displayed all the time it so I might think differently if I was In a salon.

I think the polishes are reasonably priced though. Trade price is the same as what I used to pay for opi.
And the coverage & wearability is better than vinylux in my opinion.
x

I started with CND Shellac and do love this product. I've just introduced Gelish too as some amazing colours. I personally can't get the wear out of shellac on myself (I've tried everything) but Gelish is great for me, so thought it would be nice to run these products alongside each other as everyone is different and not one product suits all x

I have flat bendy nails, and previously nothing stayed, they all lifted (including Gelish). With Shellac I used to get 7 -10 days. I now use Brisa Lite Smoothing gel as a base, and I get 3 weeks (probably more but I get bored).
I can't praise this BLSG enough. I do make sure I have no splits or flakes, which makes a huge difference.

Latest posts

Back